Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   MHP CMR Tune FTMFW! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/mhp-cmr-tune-ftmfw-1866.html)

Robert Palmer 08-04-2009 07:14 PM

MHP CMR Tune FTMFW!

Ok guys I got my Jeep back today from the body shop and the first thing I did was install this CMR tune from Modern Horsepower (www.modernhorsepower.com) I had laying around in this Predator here for over a week. Boy was it worth the wait. As soon as I fired up the Jeep, I swear to God that it sounded louder. It could be in my mind but I do not think so. So after I fired her up, I went for a little run on the Westside Highway. :D

I took off from a light and WOW! The Jeep is a totally different. It ran like a beast! Good lord! It really threw me back and the shifts were hard and quick (TQ management is greatly reduced). A CMR tune really changes the driveability of the Jeep. Also from a roll the Jeep's giddy up and go REALLY changed. I punched it and I did not get a lag like I did before with the canned tune. Another thing is the throttle lag. Now as soon as I tap the pedal, boom the power is there. I am so happy with this CMR tune. It was totally worth the wait.

I recommend this CMR tune from MHP. To all you 5.7 owners, do not wait and get a CMR tune for your Jeep (Gotta get the Diablo Predator first :) ). This CMR is a complete upgrade from the canned tune from Diablo. I didnt believe the hype of what a CMR could do but damn was I proven wrong.

I cant wait to get to the track on Friday!

Thank You Tom and the rest of MHP,

-Joe

NHWK05 08-04-2009 07:16 PM

Re: MHP CMR Tune FTMFW!

Do they have one for the 4.7?

Get a vid from the track!

Marlin 08-04-2009 07:16 PM

Great news Joe!
I still don't know if there's a Diablo to suit my WH :(

LTrainGC 08-04-2009 07:19 PM

I'm assuming the CMR tune runs with 93 octane?

Do you know how much extra power you are putting down with the tune compared to stock? Or compared to the canned 93 tune?

If you don't mine me asking, what did it cost (I think you might have told me already but I forgot).

I might end up having to dump the SuperChips to get the Diablo.....

Robert Palmer 08-04-2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LTrainGC (Post 42622)
I'm assuming the CMR tune runs with 93 octane?

Do you know how much extra power you are putting down with the tune compared to stock? Or compared to the canned 93 tune?

If you don't mine me asking, what did it cost (I think you might have told me already but I forgot).

I might end up having to dump the SuperChips to get the Diablo.....

Yes Sir 93 octane.

I have no idea on how much extra power there is but I can feel the difference. The canned tune was a improvement over stock, do not get me wrong but a CMR tune is in a league of its own IMO.

Please speak with MHP on pricing as there are various options.

Bro get rid of the Superchips and get yourself a Diablo and a CMR tune from MHP. You will not be disappointed.

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlin (Post 42620)
Great news Joe!
I still don't know if there's a Diablo to suit my WH :(

Thanks Ben!

Damn bro that sucks about your situation. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHWK05 (Post 42619)
Do they have one for the 4.7?

Get a vid from the track!

I dont know for sure if MHP has anything but contact Tom and see what he says. I am sure he can help you out.

Megatron 08-04-2009 07:27 PM

Good news Joe.

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

and lol @ your pic message.

Robert Palmer 08-04-2009 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Mamba (Post 42629)
Good news Joe.

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

and lol @ your pic message.

Thanks Paul.

And LOL!

Hemi05WK 08-04-2009 07:29 PM

Congrats Joe! glad to here it was as you expected! hows the Jeep look

Marlin 08-04-2009 07:29 PM

Jo, you should take one for the team and throw it on a dyno mate.
One run with std tune, one with canned tune, another with CMR tune..... get some solid repeatable numbers.

Not saying this is the case, but I've seen alot of "tunes" done that feel faster, not because the thing actually makes more power, but because they make it shift harder......

Robert Palmer 08-04-2009 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemi05WK (Post 42632)
Congrats Joe! glad to here it was as you expected! hows the Jeep look

Thanks Tom. Bro the Jeep looks fawking awesome. Fabian texted me when he saw the Jeep in the garage and he was like HOLY SHIT the beast looks great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlin (Post 42633)
Jo, you should take one for the team and throw it on a dyno mate.
One run with std tune, one with canned tune, another with CMR tune..... get some solid repeatable numbers.

Not saying this is the case, but I've seen alot of "tunes" done that feel faster, not because the thing actually makes more power, but because they make it shift harder......

Yeah Ben I want to throw it on a Dyno and see the difference. But I think the CMR tune really really is different.

Frankie 08-04-2009 08:01 PM

Sounds AWESOME Joe...I need to get one of these BAD!!!!!!

blackpepper 08-04-2009 08:06 PM

What kind of temps/humidity are you expecting for Friday?