Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

HEMI Battery

11K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Walt 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I am in the market for a new battery because my jeep still has the original one from Mopar and wanted y'alls opinion/feedback. I have called Batteries Plus and Auto Zone and they have both quoted me around $145-$150 for a new battery for my 5.7. I figured that if I'm spending that much money then I should get an Optima however the guy at Batteries Plus told me that one may not fit due to size of the battery compartment and size of the Optima. My question to everyone is what are y'alls experiences with getting a new battery for a HEMI? Should I stay away from certain brands and lean toward others? Thanks everyone!

#3 · (Edited)
I just got a Die Hard Gold (3 year free replacement) for the same amount as the Duralast from Auto Zone. The original Mopar battery lasted this long in a 05'? This is my WK's 3rd battery after two Mopars.

#5 ·
DieHard Gold has a 3-yr replacement and an 8-yr pro-rated warranty. Costs ~$150. I've had good luck with DieHard over the years.

Sam's Club has an Energizer with 3-yr replacement warranty for ~$95.

Both are Group 94R and have same CCA. I have no experience with energizer auto batteries. Maybe another member can provide first-person feedback.

Several threads on these forums about Optima batteries lately. Recommend you do a search for that topic specifically.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.