Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Seatbelt chime- turn off? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/seatbelt-chime-turn-off-18682.html)

kaflyboy 02-10-2011 04:34 PM

Seatbelt chime- turn off?

Does anyone know how to turn the seatbelt chime off when you are not wearing your seatbelt?

GR33N D3M0N 02-10-2011 04:40 PM

Re: Seatbelt chime- turn off?

buckle the seatbelt behind your back? thats how my grandpa keeps his seatbelt haha

Repo503 02-10-2011 04:49 PM

Can't see why you wouldn't want the wear a seatbelt unless you are tremendously fat. I got hit by a drunk driver when I was 16, t boned when he ran a stop sign. My car ended up spining across the intersection and came to a stop against a tree in someones lawn. When I got out to go have words with the asshole who just wrecked my new car I found he wasn't in his car anymore, but across the intersection right behind my car stone dead.

The police said he was probably doing about 45 and never hit the brakes.

GR33N D3M0N 02-10-2011 04:54 PM

first thing i do is buckle the belt, but some people choose not to do so

kaflyboy 02-10-2011 05:14 PM

I knew i was gonna get a "you need to wear your sealbelt" lesson... i understand the saftey benefits but sometimes choose not to wear it... other than the seatbelt behind the back, any other options?

Bmwister 02-10-2011 05:24 PM

I always wear my seatbelt, but the chimes are annoying if you're just stopped and sitting in the vehicle with the AC on, for example. My Audis were terribly annoying but a quick VAG code adjustment fixed that. I'm sure Chrysler has a way to do it on the WK2.

the1jake 02-10-2011 05:26 PM

Copied and pasted from this thread:
http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/seatbelt-chime-13903.html

To remove seatbelt chime
1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, and fasten the drivers seatbelt.
2. Start engine, and wait for Seat Belt warning light to turn OFF.
3. Within 60 seconds of starting engine, unbuckle and then re-buckle driver's seat belt at least 3 times, ending with belt buckled.
4. Turn off the engine. A single chime will sound to signify that your life is in your own hands.

It can take several tries to get it disabled.

_______

It works. The seat belt warning light will remain on.

mjw930 02-10-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaflyboy (Post 352709)
I knew i was gonna get a "you need to wear your sealbelt" lesson... i understand the saftey benefits but sometimes choose not to wear it... other than the seatbelt behind the back, any other options?

I'm speechless......................

kaflyboy 02-10-2011 06:43 PM

And wiggle your right ear 3 times.... thanks for your help

pbalias 02-10-2011 10:47 PM

I've seen more dead bodies smeared across the road and ejected from SUVs in 1 life-time than anyone else should have in 100 life-times.

OP: Do you have a wife and kids or other family? Choosing not to wear your seatbelt is a pretty selfish decision if so.

Sorry I can't help you with your original post, but as a public servant, I felt it was my duty to remind you of that.

Greg7 02-10-2011 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbalias (Post 352954)
I've seen more dead bodies smeared across the road and ejected from SUVs in 1 life-time than anyone else should have in 100 life-times.

OP: Do you have a wife and kids or other family? Choosing not to wear your seatbelt is a pretty selfish decision if so.

Sorry I can't help you with your original post, but as a public servant, I felt it was my duty to remind you of that.

And as an adult living in a free country the OP can make up his or her own mind what level of safety he or she desires.

I wear a seatbelt ,but I also disabled the chime.

pbalias 02-11-2011 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg7 (Post 352979)
And as an adult living in a free country the OP can make up his or her own mind what level of safety he or she desires.

Wrong. The OP is in N.C., he doesn't have a free choice. It's against the law for him to operate that vehicle and not wear a seatbelt.