Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   The Back UP Camera feature is set up WRONG from the factory (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/the-back-up-camera-feature-is-set-up-wrong-from-the-factory-18709.html)

Greg7 02-11-2011 08:40 AM

The Back UP Camera feature is set up WRONG from the factory

The instant I put my car in reverse, I should get a back up view of my surroundings. I should not get the Jeep Logo screen or the make sure you drive safe screen. These screens can come up when you put the car in drive.

I am getting 3 seconds of garbage when I really need the backup picture.

This is a safety issue and should be corrected .

bpmcgee 02-11-2011 08:44 AM

Re: The Back UP Camera feature is set up WRONG from the factory

Well, since Sergio reads this forum every morning, I'm sure you'll be getting a call to drop the Jeep off so that it can be corrected.

GR33N D3M0N 02-11-2011 09:28 AM

I'm sorry, but I do not think you can call this a safety issue, an inconvenience maybe, but not a safety issue.

Tell me, what kind of car did you learn how to drive with?

White Chocolate 02-11-2011 09:38 AM

I don't see how this is a problem as well? 3 seconds of your life? Really?

There is a reason as to why jeep puts a "safety" screen there. Dear god.

mrpositraction 02-11-2011 09:40 AM

LOL, thanks :)

You should slow down backing up, you are a safety hazard.

2011RitterGC 02-11-2011 09:43 AM

On mine the "safety screen" goes away within a second when I put it in R.

BHHJEEP 02-11-2011 10:23 AM

You can click the "agree" button on the screen and it is gone within a second. Remember that the radio is a little computer. It needs time to boot up.

We are such a on demand society it is becoming quite sickening.

You could use your remote start and there will be 0 wait time, however you will have to push the start button once and put it in R which sounds like it might be an inconvenience to you :P

2011RitterGC 02-11-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BHHJEEP (Post 353184)
You can click the "agree" button on the screen and it is gone within a second. Remember that the radio is a little computer. It needs time to boot up.

We are such a on demand society it is becoming quite sickening.

You could use your remote start and there will be 0 wait time, however you will have to push the start button once and put it in R which sounds like it might be an inconvenience to you :P

Our just turn the radio off. Then there is no "saftey screen" to deal with.

F150 Duke 02-11-2011 10:43 AM

LMAO....this is too funny. All cars with reverse cameras do this. I do however have a solution that NOBODY here has mentioned! You guys will be proud of me.

1. Put foot on brake and put SUV in reverse.
2. While keeping foot on brake, put your right hand on the back of the passenger's head rest to give you leverage to turn in your seat.
3. Pivot in your seat, using the leverage referenced in Step 2, to the 5 o'clock position, your neck should be able to make it to 6 o'clock.
4. Use your eyes and look for obstacles out the rear glass.
5. Slowly take your foot off the brake allowing the vehicle to backup.
6. Congrats, you just backed up in reverse like millions of people have been doing for over 100 years!!!!!

bpmcgee 02-11-2011 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F150 Duke (Post 353202)
LMAO....this is too funny. All cars with reverse cameras do this. I do however have a solution that NOBODY here has mentioned! You guys will be proud of me.

2. While keeping foot on brake, put your right hand on the back of the passenger's head rest to give you leverage to turn in your seat.
3. Pivot in your seat, using the leverage referenced in Step 2, to the 5 o'clock position, your neck should be able to make it to 6 o'clock.
4. Open your eyes and look for obstacles out the rear glass.
6. Congrats, you just backed up in reverse like millions of people have been doing for over 100 years!!!!!

But I shouldn't HAVE to turn my head <stomps foot> Why won't someone come turn my head for me?

GR33N D3M0N 02-11-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Thank you!!!

TTUMBIO2010 02-11-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Can we please change Step 4 to read: "Use your eyes......". I really would prefer someone who can't backup without a camera to not be behind the wheel with his eyes closed for the first three steps. :D