Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   I need a new dealership!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/i-need-a-new-dealership-18710.html)

RyeGuy 02-11-2011 09:05 AM

I need a new dealership!!

So I had an appointment to bring my Jeep in for scheduled service this weeked. Was supposed to go to McDounagh Jeep on Rt 18 in NJ. Well....I get a phone call saying "We are sorry to inform you, but the dealership has been terminated." What the hell!!! they were a great dealership.

Anyway, does anyone know a good dealership in the central NJ to NYC area that I can go to from here onm out. I want to make sure it is someone I can trust. Being that the only ones I really trust with my Jeep are the members of this forum I value the input.

Let me knoe if you know of anyone please. Thanks in advance.

JoeSchmoe007 02-11-2011 09:10 AM

Re: I need a new dealership!!

Westbury Jeep in LI. I used them for service in the past (8-10 years ago while my old ZJ was still under extended warranty) and purchased my WK2 from them.

2011Laredo 02-11-2011 09:19 AM

I use the dealership on rt 46 east in Little Falls..across from the tic tock diner..so far so good

Breitling65 02-11-2011 09:22 AM

Flemington Jeep in Flemington, NJ is good, actually no surprise to me that one you like got closed. No they are not good and never been good :) There is another on on rt1 in Linden, but pretty much same as McDounagh, means don't go there!

pbalias 02-11-2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2011Laredo (Post 353106)
I use the dealership on rt 46 east in Little Falls..across from the tic tock diner..so far so good

What experience do you have with their service department?

I took my truck in for the blower motor issues and did a walk through of their shop. VERY messy and disorganized. I can't stand sloppiness. I have been a shop owner almost all my adult life and was unimpressed with the shop environment there. :( Techs that don't mind working in that environment are the LAST guys I want stepping into MY truck. :(

JoeSchmoe007 02-11-2011 10:22 AM

http://www.dealerrater.com/reviews/Jeep/

FrankNJ1 02-11-2011 02:08 PM

Buhler Jeep in Hazlet, NJ Exit 117 on GSP
Seaview Jeep in Ocean, NJ Exit 100 on the GSP

Lingohocken 02-11-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeSchmoe007 (Post 353181)

Useful for judging sales performance, but not service.

tfinan 02-11-2011 06:30 PM

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...ankruptcy.html

McDonagh Chrysler Jeep Inc., an auto dealer in East Brunswick, New Jersey, filed for Chapter 11 reorganization on Jan. 18 in Trenton, New Jersey.
The dealership owes $5.2 million to Ally Bank, which provides financing for the auto inventory. Ally’s collateral is valued at $4.9 million, leaving a $200,000 deficiency, according to court papers.
Chrysler Financial Corp. has a $2.36 million first lien on the assets other than autos. There is little collateral, leaving Chrysler Financial with a $1.95 million unsecured claim, according to court papers.
Although TD Bank has a second lien, there is no value in the security interest, leaving the bank with a $6.12 million unsecured claim, a court filing says.
Assets are less than $10 million while debt exceeds $10 million, according to the petition.
The case is In re McDonagh Chrysler Jeep Inc., 11-11397, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of New Jersey (Trenton).

Archer9 02-11-2011 07:05 PM

Kinda good of them to call you before you showed up for your scheduled appointment. That says something about their customer service, even during bankruptcy proceedings.

Marky 02-11-2011 09:04 PM

I can't say enough good things about Mullen Motors in Southold (on Long Island). Small town, friendly dealer with no BS. Transparency is their norm (there's no hand-off to a "manager" at the end of the transaction). And their service guys will work with you. I shlepped from Manhattan to buy there and don't regret it. I think they consistently win all these awards from Chrysler for best customer service. They've been in business since the 1930's. It is worth a trip there just to see the showroom. It's a trip back in time. You'll swear it's 1949. Oh yeah, and chances are you will meet a Mullen. It's still in the family.

JoeSchmoe007 02-11-2011 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lingohocken (Post 353603)
Useful for judging sales performance, but not service.

Not true - service is rated there too. You can actually filter to show only service reviews