Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   I swear I'm buying off the lot next time! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/i-swear-im-buying-off-the-lot-next-time-18718.html)

mjw930 02-11-2011 01:08 PM

I swear I'm buying off the lot next time!

I know there are a lot of you in far worse shape than me with regard to your orders but it's killing me to watch how inconsistent the delivery process is.

I was hoping to be cruising around this weekend in my new Overland but for some reason the shipping company can't seem to find a way to get my Overland the last 85 miles from the shipping depot in Jacksonville to the dealer in DeLand. It arrived in JAX Sunday, was offloaded from the rail car Tuesday (why 2 days????) then has sat there waiting for a truck to get it the last 85 miles....... I know the dealer has gotten 2 trucks this week from the same yard that weren't full yet mine seems to be stuck collecting dust in a rail yard and tracking about 10 minutes ago from the dealer confirms it's still not on a truck. I also know there's nothing I can do but it's frustrating none the less. Oh well.......

Then again, I haven't ordered a vehicle for years and never had access to the level of tracking Milous provides so I suppose ignorance is bliss :p

Mjw930 (Overland)
Date ordered: 12/27/2010
D1 status date: 01/20/2011
Current status: KZ
Estimated delivery: 02/11/2011
Built - Pending Inspection: (I) 01/22/2011 09:21 PM CST Detroit Jefferson Assembly, MI
Plant Release (KZ) 01/31/2011 05:01 AM EST Detroit Jefferson Assembly, MI
In Bay At Facility 01/31/2011 04:16 PM EST Detroit Jefferson Assembly, MI
Staged For Shipment 01/31/2011 04:18 PM EST Detroit Jefferson Assembly, MI
Received by Facility 01/31/2011 11:04 PM EST New Boston, MI
Released from Industry 02/01/2011 01:36 PM EST On Railcar - New Boston, MI
Train Arrival 02/01/2011 04:30 PM EST On Railcar - New Boston, MI
Train Arrival 02/02/2011 11:03 PM EST On Railcar - Toledo Walbridge Yard, OH
Train Departure 02/03/2011 04:52 AM EST On Railcar - Toledo Walbridge Yard, OH
Train Departure 02/03/2011 05:53 PM EST On Railcar - Cincinnati, OH
Train Arrival 02/04/2011 01:51 AM EST On Railcar - Louisville, KY
Train Departure 02/04/2011 01:38 PM EST On Railcar - Louisville, KY
Arrived at Destination 02/06/2011 12:56 PM EST On Railcar - Jacksonville, FL
Unloaded From Railcar 02/08/2011 10:01 AM EST Jacksonville, FL

Scottina06 02-11-2011 01:10 PM

Re: I swear I'm buying off the lot next time!

call your dealer and tell them to go get it or the deals off.......

LOL

mjw930 02-11-2011 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 353316)
call your dealer and tell them to go get it or the deals off.......

LOL

I thought about that :) I did leave a message with the GM asking if there was anyone he could call the give it a nudge knowing full well there wasn't.

And before someone else brings it up yes, I'm the guy who said a few weeks back that I didn't care if it showed up later because that's longer I go without a payment since my other truck was sold last month. Of course now that it's in the same state I can't wait :cool:

Do you think the dealership would be upset if I pitched a tent in their back lot :sleepy:

White WK Swagga 02-11-2011 01:17 PM

^^^x2

Say you planned a road trip bot V day and you need it this weekend or you're just gonna go buy a LR4 on the lot. LOL

JoeSchmoe007 02-11-2011 01:34 PM

MJW930 - you are not doing too bad. Mine sat at the final railroad yard for a week. Be patient and you will be rewarded. There is nothing dealer can do.

mjw930 02-11-2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeSchmoe007 (Post 353340)
MJW930 - you are not doing too bad. Mine sat at the final railroad for a week. Be patient and you will be rewarded. There is nothing dealer can do.

Thanks and I know there's nothing they can do, just venting :thumbsup:

Actually, the dealer GM says it takes on average 4 days for a vehicle to get from unloaded in JAX to this particular dealership so it will probably be there Monday or Tuesday unless they hold it for other vehicles he has coming in but that's unlikely.

Cherodude 02-11-2011 10:33 PM

I know you are frustrated, but after all it's barely six weeks since ordering. I waited five months. Does that help? :)

mjw930 02-11-2011 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherodude (Post 353742)
I know you are frustrated, but after all it's barely six weeks since ordering. I waited five months. Does that help? :)

Actually no it doesn't. This may be a great vehicle but I'd never wait 5 months for a commodity item. Hell, a friend ordered a Porsche built to order and painted to spec and he had it in 12 weeks.

I'm not all that frustrated, it's only a few extra days. I'm just blowing off a little steam while I wait.

Cherodude 02-11-2011 10:49 PM

You're right of course. I had previously ordered vehicles that had to cross oceans and they never took longer than 3 months. But then they were not as good as the WK2. It's worth the wait.

mjw930 02-11-2011 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherodude (Post 353753)
You're right of course. I had previously ordered vehicles that had to cross oceans and they never took longer than 3 months. But then they were not as good as the WK2. It's worth the wait.

That's great to hear and obviously you ordered when they were announced and I'm sure the Canadian versions were not the first off the line.

I only ordered because 4X4's are tough to find in Florida and actually on restriction to the SE dealers so they could fill Northern orders. There are a few out there but not in the color I wanted and many had a lot of extras like rear DVD that I don't need. To get a basic Mineral Gray Overland 4X4 V8 before May required an order or a road trip so I opted for the order and I'm pretty satisfied overall with the process. The dealer said 6 - 8 weeks when I ordered and he pretty much nailed it. If I didn't have this site and the tracking I'd be fat, dumb and happy (well I'm 2 out of three so that ain't so bad ;) )

Cherodude 02-11-2011 11:05 PM

Good to hear your order is what you wanted. You'll have it soon.

In my case, I ordered in early July a build that was identical with what was 'buildable" from the Jeep web sites in late June. complete with hefty deposit (I have a PDF printed from the web site back in early July showing a V6 Limited with Quadra-lift and Quadra-Drive II). Then restrictions were placed on orders, and eventually Jeep fessed up to the fact that the V6 would never be available with my original option preferences. So eventually I had to place a new order...

Anyway, as you can see it doesn't take much to get me going. It's a great truck. As for the supply and ordering side of the equation I once used the word fiasco. I better not say any more.

psychrunner 02-11-2011 11:38 PM

That is amazing. I orderd my Overland on January 8th, changed the seat color three days later, and took delivery yesterday (February 10), in Virginia. It is interesting to hear of the discrepancies between delivery times. I ordered a basic Overland 4x4, Mineral with Black leather, V6.