Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Another Summit on the dealer's lot (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/another-summit-on-the-dealers-lot-18723.html)

kaflyboy 02-11-2011 02:59 PM

Another Summit on the dealer's lot

Check out the burbor carpets. they look great.

http://www.taschautos.com/detail.asp...48&View=Photos

Kleemann 02-11-2011 03:44 PM

Re: Another Summit on the dealer's lot

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaflyboy (Post 353415)
Check out the burbor carpets. they look great.

http://www.taschautos.com/detail.asp...48&View=Photos

Nice pics of the combo I ordered. Thanks. Those mats do look great. Really love the dark wood too. Can't tell if those are the original or new wheels.

Kleemann 02-11-2011 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kleemann (Post 353449)
Nice pics of the combo I ordered. Thanks. Those mats do look great. Really love the dark wood too. Can't tell if those are the original or new wheels.

Actually, I didn't order that DVD player. I'm not sure why they would order it with the DVD player. It kills the sunroof and you can easily have the Mercedes ML dual DVDs installed and fully integrated into the car's systems for the same amount or less.

netcoolery 02-11-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kleemann (Post 353509)
Actually, I didn't order that DVD player. I'm not sure why anyone would order it with the DVD player. It kills the sunroof and you can easily have the Mercedes ML dual DVDs installed and fully integrated into the car's systems for the same amount or less.

Agreed - we (err...wife) wanted the pano sunroof so no Rear DVD.

Tell me about this other system - do the displays go in the backs of the front seats?

Meanwhile - I've been wondering about the Berber mats ... these pictures were great!

Kleemann 02-11-2011 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by netcoolery (Post 353512)
Agreed - we (err...wife) wanted the pano sunroof so no Rear DVD.

Tell me about this other system - do the displays go in the backs of the front seats?

Meanwhile - I've been wondering about the Berber mats ... these pictures were great!

My dealer is offering rear seat DVDs for less than the price of the factory option. He said they use the ones that are used on MLs and when installed, look and function completely OEM. I haven't seen them but apparently many of his customers have gone that route.

Even if your dealer can't do that for you, there are certainly aftermarket options within the factory option price range that would not make you have to sacrifice the sunroof.

kaflyboy 02-11-2011 04:57 PM

Kleemann-

if you do find any details on the aftermarket DVD's please let me know. i would be interested in having that installed but i want it to look like it came from the factory.

chuckbernard 02-11-2011 05:21 PM

Just make sure you go through the dual headrest DVD players thoroughly. We had them installed by the dealer in our Jeep Commander. The quality of installation was excellent and they looked factory installed.

However, they never worked right. You were suppose to be able to watch 2 different things at the same time. It was hit or miss for some functionality and no matter how many times we dropped off the car for the day they couldn't get it working right. They ended up offering us a refund. Apparently the manufacturer had a lot of bugs at the time which prevented them from working right. (Kinda like our iPhone USB problems)

mrfixxit7 02-11-2011 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kleemann (Post 353509)
Actually, I didn't order that DVD player. I'm not sure why they would order it with the DVD player. It kills the sunroof and you can easily have the Mercedes ML dual DVDs installed and fully integrated into the car's systems for the same amount or less.

If you have any info on some options for the rear seat DVDs could you let me know? I have been looking for options for a while but have not found much.

Kleemann 02-11-2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrfixxit7 (Post 353617)
If you have any info on some options for the rear seat DVDs could you let me know? I have been looking for options for a while but have not found much.

I'll let you know what the dealer has for me. If I don't like it I will go with an aftermarket solution. The dealer told me they have done many seamless installs. They keep the DVD players in stock and have a very reasonable rate.

mrfixxit7 02-11-2011 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kleemann (Post 353621)
I'll let you know what the dealer has for me. If I don't like it I will go with an aftermarket solution. The dealer told me they have done many seamless installs. They keep the DVD players in stock and have a very reasonable rate.

That would be great. What aftermarket options do you know of?