Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Easy exit power seat (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/easy-exit-power-seat-18746.html)

Keith 02-12-2011 12:30 AM

Easy exit power seat

Just bought my 2011. I had my driver seat set on the easy exit mode. You know......stop the car and the seat goes down, back and the wheel goes up. Process repeats itself only in reverse when starting. Now all of a sudden it doesn't seem to work. I do believe I have feature turned on in the EVIC.

Please help....just brand new to this forum. Glad I found you guys. Also, in Canada I don't recall seeing the GC refered to as WK2???

LiquidOxygen 02-12-2011 01:02 AM

Re: Easy exit power seat

Hmm....I have an Overland and wasnt aware of this feature!! I love discovering something new in a new vehicle. Out to the Jeep for manual and CD I go....

Cherodude 02-12-2011 01:48 AM

WK is the official Chrysler model designation for the GC (same as the 2005-10 model). But to distinguish between the two, us fans have dubbed the 2011-2016 model the WK2.

PS - Welcome to the Garage!

mjw930 02-12-2011 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 353800)
Just bought my 2011. I had my driver seat set on the easy exit mode. You know......stop the car and the seat goes down, back and the wheel goes up. Process repeats itself only in reverse when starting. Now all of a sudden it doesn't seem to work. I do believe I have feature turned on in the EVIC.

Please help....just brand new to this forum. Glad I found you guys. Also, in Canada I don't recall seeing the GC refered to as WK2???

Cycle the setting in the EVIC, turn the setting off, save the setting, cycle the ignition then turn it on, save it then cycle the ignition again. If it doesn't start working then jot it down as something to have them look at on the first service.

Sometimes you need to recycle the setting to get it written properly into the controller. If it works then stops working again then there's an issue with the controller memory or some other setting you change is overwriting this one. It's something I would mention to the dealer.

For things like this, rather then going to the dealer every time I find something I keep a running list of things they need to look at. I only make a special trip to the dealer if it's something major not working correctly.

Keith 02-12-2011 11:43 AM

It's a great feature when it works. I love it. As mentioned I will keep a list for the first service visit. I will try re setting the evic but so far no good. I am sure nothing a technician couldn't fix.

Rockraines 02-12-2011 11:47 AM

Reset it by moving the seat all the way forward then all the way back.

Keith 02-13-2011 07:45 PM

Awesome.....thanks so much. I cycled the seat back and forth and it works fine again. Love this site.

pblux 02-27-2011 10:52 PM

Anyone know if there is there an option and/or a way to turn off/prevent the seat from moving using the easy exit feature? All I'm interested in is the steering wheel moving up automatically when the car is powered off.

mjw930 02-28-2011 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pblux (Post 366006)
Anyone know if there is there an option and/or a way to turn off/prevent the seat from moving using the easy exit feature? All I'm interested in is the steering wheel moving up automatically when the car is powered off.

Nope, it's all or nothing.

Mashie 02-28-2011 08:48 PM

well lookie here. I didn't even know my Jeep had this function. Today I went searching through the EVIC and sure enough, there is was. I enabled it and i LOVE it! Thanks for the post!!