Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Alarm goes off randomly (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/alarm-goes-off-randomly-18781.html)

Proshop01 02-12-2011 08:22 PM

Alarm goes off randomly

Twice now, the alarm randomly starts going off. The first time was last night @ 1:45am. I am sure the neighbors loved that. Then again 2 minutes ago. Neither one of us had our remotes with us.

My only guess is a low battery in one of the fobs. Any suggestions? Also, how do I opent the fob?

Proshop01 02-12-2011 08:45 PM

Re: Alarm goes off randomly

Just checked both batteries and both read 3.02V, so they are good.

Cperez 02-12-2011 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proshop01 (Post 354291)
Twice now, the alarm randomly starts going off. The first time was last night @ 1:45am. I am sure the neighbors loved that. Then again 2 minutes ago. Neither one of us had our remotes with us.

My only guess is a low battery in one of the fobs. Any suggestions? Also, how do I opent the fob?

Perhaps your vehicle is a huge Buckeye fan and is protesting the recent losses to Wisconsin (b'ball) and Michigan (hockey)? j/k :D

mjw930 02-12-2011 10:46 PM

Check all the doors/windows that could set it off to make sure they are solidly closed. I recall reading about people who couldn't get the rear hatch to go up and thought there was a problem with the lift mechanism but it turned out the rear glass was not completely closed. If it's "partially" closed then all it may take is a breeze or a heavy vehicle driving by to move it and set off the alarm.

mrctdare 02-12-2011 11:52 PM

I've had the same thing happen. no idea why

JP49 02-13-2011 02:03 PM

Oh my, something else to worry about.. errrr

Red G8R 03-10-2011 01:48 PM

My alarm has gone off twice in the past 12 hours. No obvious reason seen. After this second time, I opened and closed all the doors and tailgate (forgot the flipper glass) and will see, otherwise a call to the dealer.

litespeedz 03-10-2011 05:21 PM

My car did the same thing today. I had a bunch of people track me down at work to tell me my car was sounding off in the parking lot. It took me a few minutes to turn it off. I had to get in the car, turn it on, and then hit the panic button. That was the only sequence that would get it to stop. It's going in next week anyway, I'll ask them about that too...

Nouveau Redneck 03-10-2011 08:12 PM

There are 2 different alarms, the panic alarm, and the security alarm. I haven't checked them both myself yet, but they're supposed to act differently (different pattern of horn honking) from each other so you can tell them apart. I have accidentally set off the panic alarm when I was carrying a large box and it pressed against the key fob in my pocket, but I haven't set off the security alarm yet, so I'm not sure of the difference.

If you had to press the panic button to turn it off, then it was the panic alarm that went off. The panic alarm should turn itself off after 3 minutes if you don't do anything to stop it.

To turn off the security alarm, all you have to do is press the door unlock button on the remote or touch one of the front door handles to unlock the door, or if the doors are already open you can press the Start/Stop (ignition) button with at least one key fob inside the vehicle.

jmellon 03-11-2011 10:27 AM

Mine did this two days ago. Not sure why.

kgrencer 03-11-2011 10:48 AM

Mine randomly goes off at least once a week. Its taken with a grain of salt considering all the other issues this vehicle has

Red G8R 03-11-2011 01:32 PM

After opening and reclosing all doors, liftgate and flipper glass, no further alarms so far. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Mine turned off with just pressing the unlock button on the fob.