Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Members Rides-Showoff (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/)
-   -   First time in the mud (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/first-time-in-the-mud-18784.html)

jeep2011 02-12-2011 08:48 PM

First time in the mud

Took the GC out in the mud this weekend for the first time. I was very impressed with the performance, but even more EXTREMELY shocked at the performance of the stock Michelins. They were outstanding in the slick stuff and cleaned very well....now I am far from a novice in the mud and sand, normally I have a bare minimum of BFG's A/T's but normall M/T's before I head out. Needless to say I stoked with the stock tires. :D and LOVE the new GC even more!

Scottina06 02-12-2011 09:03 PM

Re: First time in the mud

nice.....any pics?

DAVY27 02-12-2011 09:12 PM

we....need....pics

jeep2011 02-12-2011 10:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Didn't have my phone with me when we went out. We will be back out in it again tomorrow. Here are a few in the garage tonight. The new GC definitely keeps the dirt from slinging all over the sides....BIG PLUS.....However the carpet fenders do a great job of holding onto it.

blackpepper 02-13-2011 04:27 AM

+rep for getting off your ass and taking pictures :)

I wonder how those insulated fenders will wash out.

Marky 02-13-2011 08:21 AM

Which stock tires?

DJ BoNiOmArIo 02-13-2011 11:10 AM

fun

Archer9 02-13-2011 11:22 AM

How deep, the mud?
4Lo or High?
Need to know cuz mud season is approaching for me. Might be bad for the first time in the last few years (lots fo snow melt expected).

IRISH 02-13-2011 11:24 AM

How did the insulated wheel wells cleanup?

chibianh 02-13-2011 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRISH (Post 354573)
How did the insulated wheel wells cleanup?

they clean up fine.. i've had mine caked with mud on several occasions, leaving them for up to a week. They blast right out with a high pressure blast of water!

the1jake 02-13-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeep2011 (Post 354371)
Didn't have my phone with me when we went out. We will be back out in it again tomorrow. Here are a few in the garage tonight. The new GC definitely keeps the dirt from slinging all over the sides....BIG PLUS.....However the carpet fenders do a great job of holding onto it.

This time can you go through something bigger than a mud puddle? :D

Dirty that thing up!!!

JeepeeJ 02-17-2011 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeep2011 (Post 354308)
Took the GC out in the mud this weekend for the first time. I was very impressed with the performance, but even more EXTREMELY shocked at the performance of the stock Michelins. They were outstanding in the slick stuff and cleaned very well....now I am far from a novice in the mud and sand, normally I have a bare minimum of BFG's A/T's but normall M/T's before I head out. Needless to say I stoked with the stock tires. :D and LOVE the new GC even more!

The ones with the O-R group did okay while on auto for me. I slipped a little in a spot, backed up and switched to mud mode and then was able to move on. I probably could have backed up and moved forward again without switching since it wasn't that much.

Did you check your engine compartment? You might want to see high high the splatter traveled.