Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Esc tsb (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/esc-tsb-18828.html)

jp467 02-13-2011 04:50 PM

Esc tsb
 
I recently had the esc tsb done, and I have to believe this had more than just esc improvements to it. The engine now seems a lot more responsive the lag I had where it would almost die in second gear is gone. It seems to have a lot more get up and go. I am now happy with the V-6 the last couple months I was thinking I should have gone with the 8, but now the V-6 is good.

WK2OverlandII 02-13-2011 05:20 PM

Re: Esc tsb
 
I have the Hemi and I have an appointment for Friday the 18th (my day off) to have the ESC TSB done to mine. I hope my results are like yours. I've read on here that others have had it done to the Hemi's and there is less wheel slippage which is what my biggest complaint is. My previous Grand Cherokees had less wheel spin. The rear axle would spin less then a half a turn before engaging where as this one seems to spin much more before the ELSD kicks in.

Cherodude 02-13-2011 05:22 PM

Re: Esc tsb
 
Thanks for posting. I had not heard whether this TSB made any difference in daily driving, especially with the Pentastar. One beef with the V6 has been that 2nd gear bogging when accelerating in Auto mode under partial throttle (mashing it or 'Sport' mode solves it), but it always seemed a slight tweak to the shift point in Auto was needed.

I'll get the TSB done with the first scheduled service in the next few weeks.

jp467 02-14-2011 01:44 AM

Re: Esc tsb
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherodude (Post 354797)
Thanks for posting. I had not heard whether this TSB made any difference in daily driving, especially with the Pentastar. One beef with the V6 has been that 2nd gear bogging when accelerating in Auto mode under partial throttle (mashing it or 'Sport' mode solves it), but it always seemed a slight tweak to the shift point in Auto was needed.

I'll get the TSB done with the first scheduled service in the next few weeks.

Yes it is a lot more power across the board, it is nice when going up the freeway ramp to not seem like I am pushing it. Now if I could just get this rubbing noise I get from the rear at low speed resolved I would be happy.

rrjjpp74 02-14-2011 08:10 AM

Re: Esc tsb
 
What is the TSB# or is there a link for this?

Cherodude 02-14-2011 08:29 AM

Re: Esc tsb
 
This is the TSB:

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_1800111.pdf

rrjjpp74 02-14-2011 09:31 AM

Re: Esc tsb
 
Thanks for the reply.

mhassler 02-14-2011 09:51 PM

Re: Esc tsb
 
I had this TSB performed on my Jeep last Wednesday (9th) and I too noticed better throttle response from my Hemi. Could partly be attributed to the new Intake and warmer weather (this weekend was in the high-40's as opposed to the teens last week). But still, something made it "better" :)

WK2OverlandII 02-15-2011 05:48 AM

Re: Esc tsb
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mhassler (Post 355904)
I had this TSB performed on my Jeep last Wednesday (9th) and I too noticed better throttle response from my Hemi. Could partly be attributed to the new Intake and warmer weather (this weekend was in the high-40's as opposed to the teens last week). But still, something made it "better" :)

When you say "new intake" do you mean the TSB or a New cold air intake? I've been looking for a CAI but there doesn't seem to be one out yet.

Edit: I just saw your signature...your the guy testing the new 4" bwoody CAI. How does it seem to be so far?

mhassler 02-15-2011 07:44 AM

Re: Esc tsb
 
So far so good. It seems to launch better and there is less lag throughout the acceleration process. regardless of speed. Also, through a half-tank of gas my EVIC shows a 1.8mpg increase. When I fill up next I will do the math to verify.

Unfortunately, the weeks leading up to the install we had temps in the high-teens & low 20's each morning and I don't think we broke 32 during the daytime. Since the install we haven't dropped below 32, yesterday we hit like 55. So with all these variables; higher temps, ESC TSB performed and the BWoody intake all within 4-days I am unable to say for certain where the gain has come from.

WK2OverlandII 02-15-2011 11:51 AM

Re: Esc tsb
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mhassler (Post 356050)
So far so good. It seems to launch better and there is less lag throughout the acceleration process. regardless of speed. Also, through a half-tank of gas my EVIC shows a 1.8mpg increase. When I fill up next I will do the math to verify.

Unfortunately, the weeks leading up to the install we had temps in the high-teens & low 20's each morning and I don't think we broke 32 during the daytime. Since the install we haven't dropped below 32, yesterday we hit like 55. So with all these variables; higher temps, ESC TSB performed and the BWoody intake all within 4-days I am unable to say for certain where the gain has come from.

Dude...How do I get one!

mhassler 02-15-2011 12:00 PM

Re: Esc tsb
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WK2OverlandII (Post 356207)
Dude...How do I get one!

BWoody is a listed vendor, contact him. To see the numbers go to the official Intake Thread: http://www.jeepgarage.org/f46/its-here-bwoody-4-air-intake-for-the-2011-hemi-wk2-18772.html


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community