Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   DVD while moving (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/dvd-while-moving-18835.html)

Keith 02-13-2011 07:54 PM

DVD while moving

Only my second time on here so if this has been covered my apologies. Anyway of watching the DVD while in gear? Before all the safety police come after me.......just thinking for the kids in the backseat. I didn't want to sacrifice the extended sun roof option for the DVD.:cool:

08Hemi 02-13-2011 08:05 PM

Re: DVD while moving

lockpick, either v2 v3 or 550 IIRC...it is an adapter that plugs into the back of your nav unit...among other features, you can have DVD while in drive :)

Keith 02-13-2011 10:56 PM

Thanks.

kmt16 02-14-2011 12:18 AM

Yeah I have the lockpick 550 model and really enjoy the features mainly the ability to adjust destinations while driving. Don't watch many DVDs but if my girlfriend is nice i'll let her put whatever on but we use the IPOD interface more than DVDs as she has a library of shows on there. Works great - a search of the lockpick in here and you will see more write-ups and a pretty good install write up by one member. Took me under 10 minutes to do it. Cheers.

Keith 02-14-2011 07:26 PM

Kmt16..... Just so I understand, are you able to use the iPod interface cord and watch movies or shows from your iPod through the RER screen??? When I use the cord, I can only get songs......or is this what the lock pick helps do?

kmt16 02-15-2011 08:38 PM

Yeah it's what the lockpick helps you do - in my bottom compartment i have the IPOD cord that comes stock with the 730 with a regular older 32GB IPOD hooked up to it that has just a lot of music on it - Then I have the IPOD cord that comes with the lockpick hooked up to actually my old IPHONE 3Gs that I store just movies and TV shows on and the lockpick allows you to stream movies, youtube, fandango - parked and in-motion

bluetrude 02-16-2011 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmt16 (Post 355153)
Yeah I have the lockpick 550 model and really enjoy the features mainly the ability to adjust destinations while driving. Don't watch many DVDs but if my girlfriend is nice i'll let her put whatever on but we use the IPOD interface more than DVDs as she has a library of shows on there. Works great - a search of the lockpick in here and you will see more write-ups and a pretty good install write up by one member. Took me under 10 minutes to do it. Cheers.

Just so I understand correctly, does the NAV prohibit you from entering new destinations on the move (ie: passenger input) unless I get the lockpick?

kmt16 02-16-2011 01:28 PM

Yeah theres no destination input while in-motion even by passenger. Lockpick makes the radio think it's in park at all times thus giving you access to every menu while in-motion

bluetrude 02-17-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmt16 (Post 357146)
Yeah theres no destination input while in-motion even by passenger. Lockpick makes the radio think it's in park at all times thus giving you access to every menu while in-motion

Thanks, looks like a lockpick is in order (whenever I get my ride).

ibleedoil 04-14-2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmt16 (Post 357146)
Lockpick makes the radio think it's in park at all times thus giving you access to every menu while in-motion

Sorry to revive this old thread, but I figured this is better than starting a new thread.

My question is that if the Lockpick makes the Nav unit think its in park, how does it calculate ETA?

Thanks,

Jim

Nouveau Redneck 04-18-2011 11:36 AM

The GPS unit calculates the ETA based on the current time combined with the speed limits/distances on roads in the calculated route. It never calculates an ETA based on current driving speed. I don't have a lockpick, but from what I've read from others on here that do have it, the part of the Nav display that shows your current speed always shows 0 mph when the lockpick is active.