Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Employee Pricing...for a Summit! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/employee-pricing-for-a-summit-18907.html)

Dan JGC 02-15-2011 11:01 AM

Employee Pricing...for a Summit!

OK - I just got an email from a dealer (they have been sending me emails telling me they want my business) that they will give me employee pricing on the Summit....just like I want but with the 430N media center (instead of the new 730N RHR) in stock now.

What should I do???

Jpjr 02-15-2011 11:13 AM

Re: Employee Pricing...for a Summit!

Are you an employee?

If yes, then wait a while and get a Summit with all the latest gagetry.

Are you not an employee but getting an employee price?

Take the deal.

Nbtstatic 02-15-2011 11:13 AM

How much below invoice is EPP?

Dan JGC 02-15-2011 11:17 AM

Affiliate is $44,891 and employee is $43,152.

No, I am not an employee.

Gonna call the dealer in a few minutes to get the details....that is, if the email is correct which it should be.

"So that I can feel confident that we have exhausted all means to earn your business, I have obtained permission from the General Manager to offer you EMPLOYEE PRICING. This means you will be able to purchase a new or pre-owned vehicle at the same price as our employees, while still taking advantage of incentives and rebates up to $5,000.00 off.

Since your first visit, we have also partnered with several additional lenders who have modified their approval requirements – and are able to offer well qualified customers, interest rates as low as 0% for up to 60 months."

Dan JGC 02-15-2011 11:17 AM

Invoice is $45,344 and MSRP is $48,465.

WK24ME 02-15-2011 11:21 AM

I would "run.....not walk" as fast as I could to the AD to....

sign that deal! Come on man! 0% for 5 years and $5k off a hard to get vehicle! Almost sounds fishy to me. Are you sure they would not try to pull a "bait and switch" upon your arrival to sign the papers? I think you'll like the Garmin based GPS anyway, and there's supposed to be a software update coming that will enable the traffic stuff, so why not take the free money?

Good luck,

Joe

JTS97Z28 02-15-2011 11:25 AM

^^ I agree...if its legit GO DO IT! Just remember dealers will do anything to get people in, literally!! I want to get 0% financing on my Overland when I take delivery.

Dan JGC 02-15-2011 11:25 AM

The email was from the dealership's General Sales Manager....I never finance vehicles, I always pay cash but will check it out since zero percent is zero percent....

I'm going to follow up in a bit and see if for real real. My $1,000 deposit is supposed to be refundable at the other dealer and they probably will be able to sell it anyway since inventory is tight.

TAZ28 02-15-2011 11:46 AM

That does NOT look like employee pricing to me... Go for it if you want, it just sounds like it's the hold back cost deducted. GL

moosehead 02-15-2011 11:56 AM

2011RitterGC 02-15-2011 12:02 PM

EP pricing is about 10.4 % off of list

Kleemann 02-15-2011 12:05 PM

Wait for your 730N RHR. Unless you plan on only keeping the car for a short time I don't think the additional discount and immediate availability are worth it. Wait a litle longer and get exactly what you want. I also had a similar opportunity but passed. I also wanted my car to be produced late in the first year production cycle.