Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Visual Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/)
-   -   Opinions on headlight tinting (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/opinions-on-headlight-tinting-1893.html)

LO.7 08-05-2009 02:49 PM

Opinions on headlight tinting

B.P.O.D 08-05-2009 02:50 PM

Re: Opinions on headlight tinting

try it bro!!! they dont make this for the 08 headlights otherwise nate and i would have jumped on this!!!! im curious to see how the hid's shine through the film as well!

White WK Swagga 08-05-2009 02:50 PM

That's not a bad Idea. It's a film so you can remove it if you don't like it. I say go for the 35%

B.P.O.D 08-05-2009 02:50 PM

the spot where i got my front windows tinted said they will put the lamin-x stuff on for you if u bring it to them. they said it's really good. might do that to my tails:)

LO.7 08-05-2009 02:53 PM

Check this site out..

I like the look of the gunsmoke color.. Not too dark, but dark enough to notice a change, and it still allows 90% light output.

http://www.lamin-x.com/

Megatron 08-05-2009 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B.P.O.D (Post 43234)
the spot where i got my front windows tinted said they will put the lamin-x stuff on for you if u bring it to them. they said it's really good. might do that to my tails:)

Please elaborate on this irf, you're film tinting your tails?

And LO,

I say do it 35% shoudl be fine.

LO.7 08-05-2009 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B.P.O.D (Post 43234)

Yeah I might try and bring it to a window tinter or vinyl shop. Shouldn't take long and will go underneath the stillens.

Quote:

Originally Posted by White WK Swagga (Post 43233)
That's not a bad Idea. It's a film so you can remove it if you don't like it. I say go for the 35%

Exactly.. I'm diggin the gunsmoke look on the other site I linked..

There's a dude with a silver A4 on my street who has them and they look pretty sweet.

Megatron 08-05-2009 02:59 PM

Chris,

I think I'll bite your idea. I like it and I think its worth the price

B.P.O.D 08-05-2009 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Mamba (Post 43238)
Please elaborate on this irf, you're film tinting your tails?

And LO,

I say do it 35% shoudl be fine.

yeah you buy the precut for the tails and they put it on for you if you dont want to do it your self. im giving up on tinted tails bc i have to register my truck in PA within 2 months and that wouldnt pass inspection!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LO.7 (Post 43239)
Yeah I might try and bring it to a window tinter or vinyl shop. Shouldn't take long and will go underneath the stillens.

Exactly.. I'm diggin the gunsmoke look on the other site I linked..

There's a dude with a silver A4 on my street who has them and they look pretty sweet.

yeah bro that sounds like a sweet idea!!! i wanna see how it looks bc i might copy ya too!!!! LOLOL

any pics of that audi?

LO.7 08-05-2009 03:07 PM

Yeah not too expensive of a mod.. I'll post some pics once I get them installed.

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

No pics of the audi Irf. I'll try snapping one tmrw if I see it out there.

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

ooooh speaking of registration.. I'm going to register the truck sometime this week.. Do you think I will get hassled for the tinted tails, or tinted windows for that matter???

Megatron 08-05-2009 03:09 PM

Irf, I might go that route for now also.

But will you ever get them painted on, in the long run?

B.P.O.D 08-05-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LO.7 (Post 43254)
Yeah not too expensive of a mod.. I'll post some pics once I get them installed.

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

No pics of the audi Irf. I'll try snapping one tmrw if I see it out there.

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

ooooh speaking of registration.. I'm going to register the truck sometime this week.. Do you think I will get hassled for the tinted tails, or tinted windows for that matter???

depends on CT laws! i know in NJ you are not allowed to have any tints on the front windows or tail lights or you will fail inspection! PA is a little better so lets see! check out CT dmv site to see what they say

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Mamba (Post 43262)
Irf, I might go that route for now also.

But will you ever get them painted on, in the long run?

dunno, i would get a spare pare painted but not my only pair