Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Wk headlights (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/wk-headlights-18956.html)

brucieB 02-16-2011 12:21 AM

Wk headlights

i had my HIDS installed for some while and it wasnt til recently driving in my friends truck and having someone follow me in my truck, that it can be very blinding. is there a way to adjust the directions of the light beams towards a lower angle?

thanks in advance

robpp 02-16-2011 12:25 AM

Re: Wk headlights

headlight has an adjuster. its a small hex or torx. on the back of the housing. L-R = Lower raise.

but prolly wont help as HIDs in reflector housing CAUSE LOTS OF GLARE

DGoral31 02-16-2011 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brucieB (Post 356851)
i had my HIDS installed for some while and it wasnt til recently driving in my friends truck and having someone follow me in my truck, that it can be very blinding. is there a way to adjust the directions of the light beams towards a lower angle?

thanks in advance

When you adjust the lights make sure you are about 10 - 15 ft away from a wall so you can see how much you adjust the lights... just the slightest adjustment will make a big difference from a distance. I put in some HID's in my WK and havent had anyone complain yet so im sure you just need a teeny weeny adjustment and you should be golden! :thumbsup:

MasterWK 02-16-2011 12:36 AM

If you're worried about it, just get projectors. Otherwise, its not a big deal. I have HID's in the stock housing and I could honestly care less what other cars think.

brucieB 02-16-2011 12:36 AM

thanks alot guys...

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-16-2011 01:04 AM

projectors will make a huge difference

DGoral31 02-16-2011 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterWK (Post 356858)
If you're worried about it, just get projectors. Otherwise, its not a big deal. I have HID's in the stock housing and I could honestly care less what other cars think.

x 2!

Galaxie500 02-16-2011 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 356873)
projectors will make a huge difference

Will projectors actually assist the HID in that the driver can see more of the road AND save other motorists eyes? Or are they just to save other motorists eyes?

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-16-2011 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galaxie500 (Post 356894)
Will projectors actually assist the HID in that the driver can see more of the road AND save other motorists eyes? Or are they just to save other motorists eyes?

both:thumbsup:

DGoral31 02-16-2011 12:53 PM

The problem with our stock headlights is there is a lot of wasted light that doesnt get directed towards the road... the projectors harness that extra light and focus it where it needs to be thus giving a brighter road in front of you and keeping that extra glare out of other drivers eyes.