Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Detailed Image (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f34/)
-   -   NEW Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction System has revolutionized detailing! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f34/new-meguiars-da-microfiber-correction-system-has-revolutionized-detailing-18976.html)

DetailedImage.com 02-16-2011 06:02 PM

NEW Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction System has revolutionized detailing!

http://www.detailedimage.com/photos/...0110216_r1.jpg

BRAND NEW Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction System has revolutionized detailing!
This unique system is using brand new technology with a microfiber buffing pad and new polishes specifically built to optimize the new kind of microfiber pads when used with a DA Buffer (Dual Action i.e. Porter Cable 7424XP Random Orbital Buffer) . The results are nothing short of stunning! Meguiar's even states in their ad..."Revolutionizing paint defect removal and surface finishing with No Swirls..GUARANTEED"!

Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction Compound
The Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction Compound combined with the Meguiar's DA Microfiber Cutting Disc Buffing Pad can remove moderate to heavy swirls in ONE STEP with a Porter Cable 7424XP Random Orbital Buffer. Check out the before and after pictures of this 1992 Red Ferrari 512 TR.

BEFORE
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5177/...eae82079_b.jpg

AFTER
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5015/...97babb12_b.jpg

Meguiar's DA Microfiber Finishing Wax
Meguiar's DA Microfiber Finishing Wax can be used after the Correction Compound to further polish and protect the paint. The Finishing Wax is actually more of an AIO product because it contains both a polish and a wax in one bottle. Use this step after the Correction Compound or use it by itself for a one step process. It can noticeably remove swirls while leaving a coating of protection behind. For best results make sure you are using it with the new Meguiar's DA Microfiber Finishing Disc Buffing Pad.

MUST READ!Ask a Pro Blog Meguiar's Articles
The results from these new products is truly outstanding, however the application method is just slightly different than most polishes so using the proper techniques is critical. To better understand the application process and to view the amazing results we highly recommend you check out the articles from our Ask a Pro Blog. Several expert professional detailers, who write for our blog, were privileged to be amongst a few elite detailers who tested this system with Meguiar's development team. They have used these products extensively to help ensure the Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction System would be exceptional.

Product Review: DA Microfiber Correction System by Todd Cooperider

Product Review: Meguiar’s DA Microfiber Polishing System with Video by Chad Raskovich

Product Review: Meguiar’s Microfiber DA Pads and Polishes by Greg Nichols

Product Review: Meguiar’s DA Microfiber Pads and Polishes by Ivan Rajic

Pre-Order Sale
These products are brand new and they are being shipped out to us very shortly. If you want to ensure you get one of the very first bottles/pads we recommend taking advantage of our pre-order sale. We expect the products to be in stock on 2/22 so we'll ship out your entire order on this day. If you purchase any of the New Meguiar's products during our pre-order sale we will include 3x FREE DI Microfiber All Purpose Towels when you use the coupon code NewMegs.

All New Meguiar's Products:
D300 DA Microfiber Correction Compound 16oz, 32oz and 128oz
DA Microfiber Cutting Disc 5" and 6" (2 pack)
D301 DA Microfiber Finishing Wax 16oz, 32oz and 128oz
DA Microfiber Finishing Disc 5" and 6" (2 pack)
Meguiar’s 5" DA Backing Plate
Meguiar’s 6" DA Backing Plate
5" DA Microfiber Correction System Starter Kit
6" DA Microfiber Correction System Starter Kit

If you have any questions about these products or any part of your detailing process please let me know!

Greg @ DI

B.P.O.D 02-17-2011 02:51 PM

Re: NEW Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction System has revolutionized detailing!

This is suppose to be the "IT" product for the year!!!

DetailedImage.com 02-18-2011 12:05 PM

Yes indeed. Most of the Meguiar's reps I have talked to state it's the biggest launch of a new product line in a decade.

Scottina06 02-18-2011 12:32 PM

very cool. Even better than the 105/205?

SRTILL8 02-18-2011 12:44 PM

i realized yesterday i need more rags. yeah i clean the old ones (hang dry) but i used the old ones for engine bay or wheel fenders cleaning or etc. i like to uses spakin new rags for everything else.

will order a few things soon. yes i can get the micro rags from any old store but those all leave residue of dust fragments when you use them. defeats the purpose to me, if i have to keep wiping. with DetailedImages rags its always "one" clean wipe, no dust trails.

:thumbsup:

woosch 02-18-2011 12:48 PM

My detailer has been testing these products as well, and I can tell you they work great!!!

Going to have him detail our new overland in a couple weeks, can't wait to see how that turns out!!

B.P.O.D 02-19-2011 02:49 AM

similar to 105/205 but the compound leaves the paint lsp ready and doesnt dust like 105 and has a longer work time!!! The wax is a polish and wax in 1 and is suppose to be amazing and very very similar to m26.

i've read a lot of good things over at MOL and Autopia from people who have used it. the pics are crazy on the amount of correction they can do:) might have to get this:)

RedRocker 02-19-2011 10:11 AM

I'm a newbie at this, but I have two vehicles that have light scratches (in the clear coat not down to the base coat). A few questions:

1. If the scratches are localized, should I "correct" the entire vehicle before applying the polish/wax, or do I only need to correct the scratched panels?

2. After I've corrected the paint, in 6 months when I re-apply wax/polish, is there any reason to correct again (assuming no new scratches)?

3. Do I need to tape off any rubber weather stripping the polisher might contract? If so, is painter's tape good enough? Is this necessary prior to correction AND polish/wax, or just prior to correction?

4. I've used my 7424 to finish (off-road) bumpers I've painted, which required: microsanding, rubbing compound, swirl remover, polish (I guess my point is - if I screwed up, I could just repaint my mistakes). I've never corrected factory paint - I presume this process is newbie safe?

Scottina06 02-19-2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRocker (Post 359530)
I'm a newbie at this, but I have two vehicles that have light scratches (in the clear coat not down to the base coat). A few questions:

1. If the scratches are localized, should I "correct" the entire vehicle before applying the polish/wax, or do I only need to correct the scratched panels?

2. After I've corrected the paint, in 6 months when I re-apply wax/polish, is there any reason to correct again (assuming no new scratches)?

3. Do I need to tape off any rubber weather stripping the polisher might contract? If so, is painter's tape good enough? Is this necessary prior to correction AND polish/wax, or just prior to correction?

4. I've used my 7424 to finish (off-road) bumpers I've painted, which required: microsanding, rubbing compound, swirl remover, polish (I guess my point is - if I screwed up, I could just repaint my mistakes). I've never corrected factory paint - I presume this process is newbie safe?

1-I would do all panels so they all look the same and you have a uniform finish

2-Yopu only want to correct when it is needed. Each time you do a correction...you take a tiny bit of clear off.

3-I use blue 3m painters tape before any product I know will stain the trim. Most of these products do...not sure about this new stuff. I know the m105 will...Ive used it alot. But the 205 doesnt. Most sealers will stain as well...but most pure carnuaba wont. Most of these products will say if they stain or not.

4-take a look at my paint correction thread using the 105/205, #21 sealer and carnuaba. Its pretty easy to do with those products and the right hydro-tech pads

DetailedImage.com 02-20-2011 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 358942)
very cool. Even better than the 105/205?

The M105 and M205 together can have just slightly more cutting power than the new Correction Compound but we're comparing two steps to a one step process. Additionally the new formula should dust less and you can be done in far less time. Using the Finishing Wax afterward is great for a little more polishing power and some added protection.

Quote:

Originally Posted by woosch (Post 358956)
My detailer has been testing these products as well, and I can tell you they work great!!!

Going to have him detail our new overland in a couple weeks, can't wait to see how that turns out!!

Glad to hear you've also heard really positive news about this line!

Greg @ DI

DetailedImage.com 02-20-2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRTILLA (Post 358951)
i realized yesterday i need more rags. yeah i clean the old ones (hang dry) but i used the old ones for engine bay or wheel fenders cleaning or etc. i like to uses spakin new rags for everything else.

will order a few things soon. yes i can get the micro rags from any old store but those all leave residue of dust fragments when you use them. defeats the purpose to me, if i have to keep wiping. with DetailedImages rags its always "one" clean wipe, no dust trails.

:thumbsup:

Pick up a 6x pack or a 12x pack of our DI Microfiber All Purpose Toweland you'll get a quantity discount. Best of all you can still use your 10offJG coupon code to save 10% off. These quality towels work great and save me a ton of time from re-wiping over and over again.

Greg @ DI

DetailedImage.com 02-20-2011 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRocker (Post 359530)

Scottina06 pretty much nailed the response but I'll add my own thoughts as well.

1.) I generally do the whole vehicle first assuming the scratches are not too bad. If you plan on wetsanding or anything more severe do that first then polish the whole vehicle.

2.) I generally correct 1 - 2 times per year, but it can be done as desired. No matter how careful I am there are always new swirls in the paint to be removed. If you want them gone you can polish the paint again.

Scott is correct you do remove microscopic bits of the clear coat but I think I should elaborate. At a microscopic level when you polish you really just smooth over rough edges that you can see easily with the naked eye. When you are done there are still microscopic peaks and valleys but now they are smooth and not evident to the naked eye. Therefore when polishing you do not remove layers of the clear coat just micro-fine particles in select areas. The only way to remove layers of the clear coat is if you use more aggressive tactics with a rotary buffer.

3.) When I do a full detail I always tape up the surrounding trim so I don't hit it or stain it. In the long run this saves you time and preserves the trim. The Meguiar's Professional Masking Tape is a great way to do this or use painter's tape.

4.) Factory paint is easier to polish in my experiences. You should see great results and hopefully touch up work is not an issue. I've never heard of anyone burning the paint or otherwise harming it with these products.

Good luck and let me know if I can help you any further!

Greg @ DI