Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   07 wk v6 better lights and mileage needed (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/07-wk-v6-better-lights-and-mileage-needed-18986.html)

bigjeepinfool 02-16-2011 08:34 PM

07 wk v6 better lights and mileage needed

There are two areas on my 07 V6 WK that need attentions ASAP! Any help is sincerely appreciated!:thumbsup:

1. Lights- The factory halogen driving lights and fog lights leave alot to be desired and I need HID's yesterday.

Been looking at the Xenondepot 6500k swap. Has anybody done this and how do you like it? Do you have the correct part # to use as their website is not the best. Are their lights any better than the 08 and up factory HID's?

What fog lights to get?

2. Gas Mileage- What to do to get the best improvements?

Been thinking a Max Energy tuner and Cold Air Intake. Any experience/recommendations on tuners and CAI's or other ways to improve my mileage are welcome other than "keep you foot out of it" because that is not simply an option!:thumbsup:

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-16-2011 09:12 PM

Re: 07 wk v6 better lights and mileage needed

try the search feature, dozens of people have done this and made threads about it

Redwolf0612 02-17-2011 10:28 PM

I would also like to know about both of these. Particularly the gas mileage question. Thx

GR33N D3M0N 02-17-2011 10:36 PM

the solution to the gas mileage is this>www.autotrader.com

its a jeep, you kinda get used to it....but it sucks that a v6 gets such horrible mileage

Marlin 02-17-2011 10:44 PM

Lights are well covered in the Lighting section.

Most obtain SLIGHTLY better milage by a free-flow muffler setup and a cold air intake.
I'm certain there's more info in the WK section on tuners for the V6 WK.

Regardless of what you do, changing your driving habits with economy in mind will always have the best results.

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-17-2011 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GR33N D3M0N (Post 358637)
the solution to the gas mileage is this>www.autotrader.com

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol:

GR33N D3M0N 02-17-2011 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 358661)
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol:

hey, someone explained it to me that way, so thats how i have to explain it to others

TheAngryMinnow 02-18-2011 06:52 AM

get HIR headlights and a set of HID fogs from xenondepot

bigjeepinfool 02-18-2011 11:14 PM

Wow...would have thought this place had more helpful people with good information with actual experience. I know there are some good people on here. Not just a bunch of captain obvious aholes. I am looking for good information from people who actually know what they are talking about instead of people with gay green halo headlights and some douche named Schmegma who obviously would rather jack off his buddy with finger in his bum rather than give some useful information? you'd think you would have learned something by now with that many posts but thus another internet ahole.:thumbsup:!

Just an FYI, I know jeeps have shitty mileage....I have owned 10 or more over the years. I am just looking for people with actual experience in improving their mileage with tuners, exhaust, intakes, etc. I'm not looking for some smartass, "just sell it or keep you foot out of it", if I wanted that I would drive a friggin prius! Feel free to insert your head up your bum and move on if you don't have any useful information.

bigjeepinfool 02-18-2011 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAngryMinnow (Post 358756)
get HIR headlights and a set of HID fogs from xenondepot

Thanks! Just ordered a set of 4300k low beams from Xenon Depot!

GR33N D3M0N 02-19-2011 12:58 AM

Hey douchefuc k, I've asked the same question, and you have to come to the realization that the v6 in the WKs are crap, and you can't do anything about it! Just sayin, and we've been here for a while, we've seen these threads, and it's always the same thing

Archer9 02-19-2011 09:10 AM

Five posts and such negative vibes. Are you always such a miserable so b? There's lots of info on this site if you get off your butt and search before insulting everyone's intelligence. And there are other Jeep sites...maybe they would treat you better.