Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Check if a dealer participates Affiliate Pricing? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/check-if-a-dealer-participates-affiliate-pricing-19028.html)

j4jeeps 02-17-2011 04:09 PM

Check if a dealer participates Affiliate Pricing?

Hey all, been lurking for a while, and getting ready to pull the trigger on a new jeep.

I've been getting the run around from dealers on the Affiliate Pricing program... one told me they couldn't honor it on the overland (but the limited was fine.)

Another told me in the showroom that they didn't honor it, but the internet sales guy said they did.

My understanding is if they honor it, they have to honor it on everything (except the viper)

Is there any way to validate if a dealer participates in the program?

According to the affiliate program, they can't tell you if a dealer participates... so how do I know if the dealer is lying or not? (No I don' think dealers are all lairs... but seems like a catch 22 to me.)

BTW,
I'm looking for a limited or an overland with QL and a V6. Everything else is icing on the cake for me. Probabbly going to trade in my 04 JGC Limited... with 200k miles! (Can't still runs great, just ready for an upgrade)

VermontHobbit 02-17-2011 07:14 PM

Re: Check if a dealer participates Affiliate Pricing?

After reading about the Tread Lightly program on this great site we joined, and I called our sales rep to ask her if the dealer accepted the program. She had to go ask the manager, but called back to say they did.

When we placed our order, we gave her the numbers and she gave us a written statement of the affiliate price.

When we took delivery, one of the family-owned dealership's members wrote up our lease, and he did ask me if I had joined Tread Lightly for the discount. I told him that honestly we did, but would keep up our membership as it is a good organization.

He mentioned that the dealership did not have to participate and I thanked him for doing so. He said they were interested because clearly if every customer came in with the discount they would have to rethink their participation.

I mentioned that I heard that Chrysler compensated them, and he said they did but not equal to selling an Overland at retail. Anyway he was very pleasant about it and thanked us for the sale. (BTW, this is our 4th GC from them)

Just thought I'd pass this along.

j4jeeps 02-17-2011 09:54 PM

Just got back from the dealer with my brand new V6 Overland! (And I got affiliate pricing!)

inputusername 02-17-2011 10:06 PM

Does anyone know if the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 will be eligible for affiliate pricing?

pattyboy 02-17-2011 10:10 PM

Good luck with the wk2 OL

j4jeeps 02-17-2011 11:24 PM

now I just gotta get me some skid plates and tow hooks :)

Captain Slow 02-18-2011 09:19 AM

Gosh I love living in Michigan. Dealers here look at you crazy if you don't have employee pricing. Having affiliate pricing is sort of second runner up. I've never had a dealer blink twice about it.

Best of luck!