Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Maintence Time! 51k (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/maintence-time-51k-19123.html)

Chris 02-19-2011 07:13 PM

Maintence Time! 51k

So I think it's time I spent a little more time keeping up with things now that I am over 50k..

I have already replaced the plugs, pcv valve, and threw in a K&N Panel filter at about 40K.. Also got some 5k mile Used BFG tires off my dads jeep liberty he traded in, which are AMAZING compared to the stock goodyears I might add! lol

Right now on my list I have the following:
Tranny fluid drain and fill (not flush) and new filter.
Oil Change and Filter (just about due for one anyway)
Clean out the TB (just wipe out, or is there a recommended cleaner?)
I have SRT8 Springs waiting to be installed!
Ceramic Brake Pads all around (probably just something from autozone)
New front rotors (again, probably just from autozone)

I am also looking at replacing both front and rear sways, bushings and brackets. I get a creaking / squeeking sound when going over speed bumps and whatnot now. Im guessing the springs or sway bushings are making that noise?

Am I missing anything that I should be doing or have not done yet? I have the base V6, not 4x4 or anything. Thanks!

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-19-2011 09:52 PM

Re: Maintence Time! 51k

http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_maintenance.htm

Chris 02-23-2011 07:59 PM

So, besides someone stating the obvious.. would anyone like to comment on what brands of stuff they used for any maintenance? Im curious as to what others have done that are in the same boat as me!

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-24-2011 12:57 AM

several threads on this subject, do a search.................

differentials- mobil 1
motor oil - mobil 1 & mopar filter
t-case - mopar fluid
plugs - stay stock
pads - wagner thermoquiets

TJXJWJ 02-24-2011 09:19 AM

Are you sure about that tranny service? I don't think it's necessary in the 3.7. What you may want to consider though is a T-case drain and refill along with draining and refilling the diffs. For T-case, I use OEM fluid from the dealer. For the diffs, I use M1 or Royal Purple gear oil.

Oil in the WK, I use M1 and a K&N oil filter
As far as cleaning the TB, I've used carb cleaner while it's running. I've also been known to remove it entirely and clean it that way.

Oh, and yes...IMO BFG makes one of the best tires out there...

Chris 02-24-2011 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 363129)
several threads on this subject, do a search.................

differentials- mobil 1
motor oil - mobil 1 & mopar filter
t-case - mopar fluid
plugs - stay stock
pads - wagner thermoquiets

I guess you didn't get the message in my last post.. this is a discussion forum is it not? I thought I could engage a conversation about what others have done to their Jeeps. This isn't my first rodeo and I know how to search a forum. If there were no conversations about shit like this, what the hell would a search result in? Posts like yours?

Chris 02-24-2011 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJXJWJ (Post 363234)
Are you sure about that tranny service? I don't think it's necessary in the 3.7. What you may want to consider though is a T-case drain and refill along with draining and refilling the diffs. For T-case, I use OEM fluid from the dealer. For the diffs, I use M1 or Royal Purple gear oil.

Oil in the WK, I use M1 and a K&N oil filter
As far as cleaning the TB, I've used carb cleaner while it's running. I've also been known to remove it entirely and clean it that way.

Oh, and yes...IMO BFG makes one of the best tires out there...

Cool I will take a look into that as well, thanks!