Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/)
-   -   Mopar Ground Effects Body Kit Installed (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/mopar-ground-effects-body-kit-installed-19137.html)

dcjeepgc 02-20-2011 12:30 AM

Mopar Ground Effects Body Kit Installed

3 Attachment(s)
I have a set of SRT wheels, springs and WK Bilsteins that I plan on installing in the Spring. In anticipation of this I installed a Mopar Ground Effects Body Kit to tie those future mods all together. The install was straight forward and I am very pleased with the results. This was a costly mod but well worth it to me. The side skirts complete the body lines that surround the front and back wheel wells and having the Jeep all one body color sure makes a difference. In the picks My 05 WK is stock ride height with the tow package. Once all of the Spring mods are finished I anticipate an additional one inch drop.
Attachment 5470

Attachment 5471

Attachment 5472

GR33N D3M0N 02-20-2011 12:36 AM

Looks awesome!! You're making me want to spend money I don't have!

dcjeepgc 02-20-2011 12:55 AM

Re: Mopar Ground Effects Body Kit Installed

Thanks! This mod did set me back quite a bit but, for my ultimate goal, it was worth it!

TheAngryMinnow 02-20-2011 03:04 AM

any reason you chose that kit over having the rockers detextured and painted to match (same with the airdam?)

blackpepper 02-20-2011 04:12 AM

B/c the Mopar kit is tits :)

Congrats, you have a familiar taste in mods.. keep it up :thumbsup:

(You neeeeeeeeeed to color match that grille, though)

suzieque 02-20-2011 10:45 AM

I like the body kit too. I believe the side skirts drop down about 2" more than stock so you lose some clearance for those folks that like to off road.

moparBG 02-20-2011 11:02 AM

dc, that is a great color and great look. It is gonna look sick with the wheels.

lll2for3lll 02-20-2011 11:05 AM

Where did you get the cover under the head light? Will it cover the gap if I put 2008 HID projectors on my 2005?

tydallas 02-20-2011 11:18 AM

Looks great man. That's steel blue right?

robpp 02-20-2011 11:20 AM

no check his sig. its actually green. its a very bluish green but they call it deep beryl green/

dcjeepgc 02-20-2011 11:24 AM

The color is Deep Beryl Green and I believe it was only a one year option for the 05 model. The Mopar Kit has the same side skirts as the SRT and I'm looking for a half way point between my limited and the SRT. Even if you buy the SRT side skirts through Just for Jeeps you will pay more than the Body Kit and the side skirts are the same. Still haven't decided what to do with the grille though, SRT or meshed chrome. Unlike alot of you guys I like the chrome accents on my limited.

tycovie 02-20-2011 11:25 AM

Nice, I've been debating if I should get the Mopar kit, try to do an SRT8 conversion of some kind, or just wait & save to try to get a new SRT8 WK2