Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Members Rides-Showoff (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/)
-   -   It's here! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/its-here-19159.html)

mjw930 02-20-2011 03:51 PM

It's here!

10 Attachment(s)
After waiting for Chrysler's logistics to get their act together my Overland finally showed up at the dealer last Thursday.

We picked it up Saturday afternoon and all I can say is WOW, this is one fine machine.

Too few miles to make any observations other than they delivered it with 45 lbs of air in the tires which made it ride a lot different than the trucks I demo'd. After resetting it back to 36 lb's cold it's a lot nicer. One of the tires may be slightly out of round but I'm going to get some heat cycles through them to see if it works out.

On the radio front, it has the 430N and so far I'm very happy. It paired both our iPhone 4's without incident and seems to be able to access the directory just fine. It won't connect to either iPhone from the armrest port (fails after trying) but my 5th generation nano works like a charm. I can never get it to recognize my ancient iPod classic even though it has the latest software on it but I'm goign to lay most of that blame on the old iPod, it's been through hell and back and is ready for the trash heap anyway. The dealership also seems to have hosed up the Sirius subscription by dong the initial registration when they prepped it. I tried to get it re-assigned to a personal account and it wouldn't let them do that. They had to escalate the ticket and I'm sure they will get that sorted out Monday. They also tried to push the traffic subscription but the radio just ignores it so I'll be waiting for the update. Sirius said the subscription will reset to 1 year from when we get this all sorted out but I doubt that means the travel link.

So anyway, here's the pictures, ignore the dust, the pollen is getting bad with the warm weather.

mjw930 02-20-2011 03:52 PM

Re: It's here!

2 Attachment(s)
Here are the rest of the pictures. Notice the read defroster elements to keep the rear wiper warm!

RageOfFury 02-20-2011 03:58 PM

Congrats!!!!!

JTS97Z28 02-20-2011 04:06 PM

Congrats that thing looks nice!!! Nice to know they are delivering cars with signficantly over inflated tires. Whatsup with that? I would also be a little aggrivated if my Jeep showed up with a wheel out of balance or even worse a bent wheel. I dont see how this kind of stuff can get passed quality control. Well at any rate both of those are minor and it looks like you have yourself one amazing machine. Let us know more about once you get some miles on it.

James

SUMMITgirl 02-20-2011 04:12 PM

Very nice! I'm happy for you! Thank You for the pictures :D

mjw930 02-20-2011 04:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
For those who have a keen eye you will see the Tekonsha P3 trailer brake controller is installed, it was a piece of cake using the harness in the glove box. One thing to note, the color codes are wrong for the 12V. The instructions call out a yellow w/ red trace but it's gray w/ red trace.

pattyboy 02-20-2011 04:17 PM

best of luck ...pattyboy

mjw930 02-20-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 (Post 360303)
Congrats that thing looks nice!!! Nice to know they are delivering cars with signficantly over inflated tires. Whatsup with that? I would also be a little aggrivated if my Jeep showed up with a wheel out of balance or even worse a bent wheel. I dont see how this kind of stuff can get passed quality control. Well at any rate both of those are minor and it looks like you have yourself one amazing machine. Let us know more about once you get some miles on it.

James

Thanks, so far I'm really enjoying it.

Actually, they intentionally over inflate the tires for shipping, it's a common practice to minimize flat spotting and deformation when the chain them down. It's on the mechanic to reset them but most seem to over inflate anyway. I've had heated arguments with some in the past when they insist to run them to 42 or 50 lbs because that's what it says on the tire sidewall (max rating pressure). I call it, "hiring the handicapped".....

Nothing's bent and it doesn't feel like a balance issue. I've gotten bad tires before directly from the tire companies so if that turns out to be the problem then it's on Goodyear.

iJeep 02-20-2011 04:29 PM

Looks awesome. Congrats..

bosca418 02-20-2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjw930 (Post 360307)
For those who have a keen eye you will see the Tekonsha P3 trailer brake controller is installed, it was a piece of cake using the harness in the glove box. One thing to note, the color codes are wrong for the 12V. The instructions call out a yellow w/ red trace but it's gray w/ red trace.

That's the first thing I noticed. What does it do? Great looking rig!

Jeepeta 02-20-2011 04:46 PM

Enjoy!!!!

Red G8R 02-20-2011 04:57 PM

She looks great.....also love the toys in the garage.
Won't that trailer brake controller knock your knees off getting in or out?