Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   v6 drive train vibration (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/v6-drive-train-vibration-19162.html)

element1 02-20-2011 04:42 PM

v6 drive train vibration

I have a 2011 wk2 v6 4x4. I want to know if anyone is experiancing a vibration or shutter on take off up to 20 mph? Once the jeep hits 20mph it goes away. Any help you can give me would be great. The dealer said this is a normal thing they all do it. They also said they have had 2 others complain about this. The took a neew one off the lot and said it also was doing it. They said to wait dor a software update. I don't like this at all and I feel they need to get a fix!:mad:

jp467 02-20-2011 07:45 PM

Re: v6 drive train vibration

Quote:

Originally Posted by element1 (Post 360323)
I have a 2011 wk2 v6 4x4. I want to know if anyone is experiancing a vibration or shutter on take off up to 20 mph? Once the jeep hits 20mph it goes away. Any help you can give me would be great. The dealer said this is a normal thing they all do it. They also said they have had 2 others complain about this. The took a neew one off the lot and said it also was doing it. They said to wait dor a software update. I don't like this at all and I feel they need to get a fix!:mad:

This is total bs. I have a v-6 4x4 with qudra trac II and it does not have any vibration on takeoff or at any speed, and I have driven a couple other ones that did not have any vibration.

Technosavant 02-20-2011 08:49 PM

Mine has no such vibration. I've heard of some shudder with the V-6, but it looks like the VAST majority of that is with the Hemi/545RFE combo, not the Pentastar/W5A580.

Cherodude 02-20-2011 11:39 PM

V6 with QTII: Mine is absolutely smooth as silk at all speeds.

.... BUT there is a new TSB for the V6 which covers possible torque converter vibration due to incorrectly torqued bolts. See TSB 21-001-11, Feb. 15, 2011 (from wk2Jeeps.com):

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_2100111.pdf

element1 02-23-2011 02:51 PM

Thanks for the info. I to have Qt11 but have a take off vibration. I will see if anyone else has this. The dealer thinks they are all doing it. It was turned over to chrysler so we shall see.

WK2OverlandII 02-23-2011 10:09 PM

Generally when you have a low speed vibration its a bad tire or bad cord/belt in the tire however, it never really goes away when you go faster it just tends to smooth out but never really goes away. I would try having all tires rebalanced. If you can take them to a tire shop with a "road force" balance it will be a better balance or much truer.

FYI with these new wheels the have the stick-on weights and the tend to get knocked off with snow, ice etc...over time

andylcg 03-07-2011 01:59 PM

I have the 2011 v6 4x4, i have the same vibration on take off, glad to know that it is not just mine.. i have not been to the dealer yet to question this, but i guess i should.

jp467 03-07-2011 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jp467 (Post 360424)
This is total bs. I have a v-6 4x4 with qudra trac II and it does not have any vibration on takeoff or at any speed, and I have driven a couple other ones that did not have any vibration.

I may have been wrong with this post. I have just started to notice this today. I had 18-012-11 tsb done this morning and I have been paying close attention checking that out and I do notice a slight vibration from the rear on accel between 15 and 20 mph. It is very subtle and you would probably think it was just rough pavement if not paying close attention. if you are turning left on accel you notice it more. I never noticed it in the past, but I did get a new transfer case last week so that could have something to do with it. I won't take it in at this time i have spent enough time without my jeep I will just wait and see if there is a repair for it. It is hardly noticable.

jp467 03-10-2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by element1 (Post 360323)

Any headway on this issue? Does it seem more noticable accelerating into a left turn?

bigpanda 06-22-2011 11:49 AM

Any thing new about this issue? I stopped by the dealer today to complain about that "garrrr..." like noise between 1500~2000RPM and a tech told me it could be some sort of vibration instead of knocking noise. But when I give it some gas, that noise goes way.

JoeSchmoe007 06-23-2011 12:23 PM

I have V6 4x4 QT I - no vibration

brg468 11-20-2011 10:42 PM

Just bought a used 2011 gc and am having this exact same issue. Didn't really notice it during the test drive as it is quite subtle but lately I notice it every time I drive it. Any progress on this yet? I've had one dealer tell me it's normal and another try an additive to the rear diff with no success.