Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   Switching BA to kicker...Worth it? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/switching-ba-to-kicker-worth-it-19192.html)

Bigdiesel74 02-21-2011 09:56 AM

Switching BA to kicker...Worth it?

I was wondering if the switch from the boston acoustics to the kicker upgrade is worth it? Is the sound better? I've read that the kicker speakers arent as loud as the bostons. Anyone that has switched from the bostons to the kicker please let me know what the difference is.

robpp 02-21-2011 10:09 AM

Re: Switching BA to kicker...Worth it?

night and day for me. especially if you get one of the subs or have some other one.
the speakers and amp are worth the money IMO

Bigdiesel74 02-21-2011 11:56 AM

thanks rob...thats exactly the answer i was looking for

is it quieter then the boston system?

KidFresh5.7 02-21-2011 12:33 PM

Do you have the kicker Amp? I would say upgrade to that at the same time as speakers if not. Well worth it. Much louder and crisper in my jeep.

Bigdiesel74 02-21-2011 01:27 PM

i would plan to change the amp as well

robpp 02-21-2011 01:34 PM

cleaner for sure with the amp. i actually did the amp first and you can see the diff,. then a few later I did the speakers and then it really workks well togwther. i later added the single sub and its all good for me.

I been doing some sound deadening too. that seems to really help with the front doors/

Bigdiesel74 02-21-2011 01:39 PM

alright cool thanks guys i think i have made up my mind

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-21-2011 05:54 PM

the kicker system is MUCH better. with passengers in the car i was always listening on volume level 20 and now i use 15 and its much crisper. so the system is louder and sounds much better.

CPT2010 02-21-2011 07:32 PM

Depends... if you want the simplicity to it.. or if you wanna do a custom set up...

Kicker switch is easier by a tad...
but aftermarket is cheaper (retail prices) sounds better but has a little more work added to it...

hope this helps.

Bigdiesel74 02-21-2011 08:30 PM

yea i had after market. i had a 13w7 that i recently sold cuz i never played it loud. now im just looking to make the door speakers sound better without doing anything crazy

remmy 02-24-2011 12:11 AM

The ENTIRE Kicker upgrade is what you need to do. As far as plug and play, it kicks the llamas ass. If you want a crazy sq setup, see my thread or dig around for a couple of others.