Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   weird issue with my Jeep (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/weird-issue-with-my-jeep-19199.html)

DGoral31 02-21-2011 12:20 PM

weird issue with my Jeep

So i've had an interesting issue arise with my Jeep as of late...

I keep my headlights on automatic... when it rains i have my windshield wipers on, when i turn off my wipers, my headlights turn off when they are in auto mode! :confused::confused:

any one else have this same issue???

On a side note, a little while back i put in some new HID lamps, but i doubt this has anything to do with the issue.

Thanks JG

-Dave

Frankie 02-21-2011 01:58 PM

Re: weird issue with my Jeep

Mine does it too...Lights come on with wipers after like 5 wipes or something like that! If you manually turn the wipers off, it will shut the lights back off since thats how they went on! Make sense?

DGoral31 02-21-2011 03:50 PM

hmmmmmm so the lights arent turning on because its a little dark out... rather because i started my wipers, so then when i turn them off naturally my lights turn off too... makes sense!!!

You the man Frankie!!!

Frankie 02-21-2011 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGora31 (Post 360985)
hmmmmmm so the lights arent turning on because its a little dark out... rather because i started my wipers, so then when i turn them off naturally my lights turn off too... makes sense!!!

You the man Frankie!!!

No the wipers are turning them on in that case...Although they will come on when they feel its dark enough either way!

I leave my headlights on AUTO and wipers on AUTO all the time...I cant think of the last time I touched them individually unless it was to clean my windshield!

DGoral31 02-21-2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 360986)
No the wipers are turning them on in that case...Although they will come on when they feel its dark enough either way!

I leave my headlights on AUTO and wipers on AUTO all the time...I cant think of the last time I touched them individually unless it was to clean my windshield!

well in that case... i dont have Auto wipers... im rollin in a Laredo, my wipers are all manual. I think with some overlands they are automatic so when they sense rain they turn on ... mine doesnt have that feature :(

Frankie 02-21-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGora31 (Post 361011)
well in that case... i dont have Auto wipers... im rollin in a Laredo, my wipers are all manual. I think with some overlands they are automatic so when they sense rain they turn on ... mine doesnt have that feature :(

Got ya...But the answer is still the same! ;)

You can turn it off in the EVIC if you want as well!

DGoral31 02-21-2011 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 361012)
Got ya...But the answer is still the same! ;)

You can turn it off in the EVIC if you want as well!

haha yeah i figured :)

next time it rains i will take note of that and see how it goes

thanks again bud! :thumbsup: