Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Finally placed an order (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/finally-placed-an-order-19231.html)

Sid Fields 02-21-2011 11:14 PM

Finally placed an order

Decided against the Summit at the last minute.
So I placed an order. Overland 4x4, Mineral Gray, Saddle/Black interior, Hemi, Off Road II, 730N, Advanced Warning/Cruise Pkg.
Many thanks to all forum participants for valuable information , opinions, pictures.
Special thanks to the member who first brought Tread Lightly to my attention. (Can't find the original post.) . Dealer honored the 1% below invoice price.

apehead 02-21-2011 11:16 PM

Congrats, exact same configuration I ordered on 2/4.

J13ntv 02-21-2011 11:19 PM

Re: Finally placed an order

:thumbsup:

DJ BoNiOmArIo 02-22-2011 12:21 AM

congrats

1napili1 02-22-2011 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid Fields (Post 361421)
Decided against the Summit at the last minute.
So I placed an order. Overland 4x4, Mineral Gray, Saddle/Black interior, Hemi, Off Road II, 730N, Advanced Warning/Cruise Pkg.
Many thanks to all forum participants for valuable information , opinions, pictures.
Special thanks to the member who first brought Tread Lightly to my attention. (Can't find the original post.) . Dealer honored the 1% below invoice price.

Contrats! Just curious, what drove you away from the Summit. From the options you included, it must not have been price. I ordered my Summit on 2/10 and I was very close to also not going for the Summit and just doing the Overland with the options you selected.

the1jake 02-22-2011 08:56 AM

You're going to love this vehicle!

Congrats

JTS97Z28 02-22-2011 09:07 AM

Congrats on the order sounds like a good setup. I'm still surprised at how many people here order the offroad package with the smaller wheels. For me the 20" wheels on the WK2 are a huge part of what make it look so good. It would be perfect if you can order that package with the larger wheels.
Make sure you get yourself on the status page so you become addicted to checking it 5+ times a day like the rest of us morons lol.

James

RageOfFury 02-22-2011 10:07 AM

Congrats! :thumbsup:

All these Overlands...I feel special with my Laredo 'E' hehe:p

Sid Fields 02-22-2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1napili1 (Post 361504)
Contrats! Just curious, what drove you away from the Summit. From the options you included, it must not have been price. I ordered my Summit on 2/10 and I was very close to also not going for the Summit and just doing the Overland with the options you selected.

It was a close call either way. The big draw for me for the Summit was the interior and the wheels. The front end had just too much chrome. I wanted the off road package so I was losing the wheels, and just decided the standard interior was close enough. If the dealer called me tomorrow and had a Summit in Mineral Gray I'd probably grab it in a heartbeat.
I like the look of the1jake's 18" black rims. I'll probably order a set with some decent snow tires on them for next season