Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   The "ECO" light makes me feel so good about myself (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/the-eco-light-makes-me-feel-so-good-about-myself-19251.html)

vikingdave 02-22-2011 02:12 PM

The "ECO" light makes me feel so good about myself

I love the "ECO" light on my 2011 Hemi Grand Cherokee, to me it's kind of like the "Hybrid" letters on a Hybrid. Every time the light comes on I just know that I'm doing my share to protect the earth from total destruction in the next couple of years. I wonder if I can get some sort of an ECO credit on my tax return?

CLowe40 02-22-2011 02:29 PM

Re: The "ECO" light makes me feel so good about myself

Love it... feel the same way about my Hemi. Every time my ECO light comes on I think of all the tools and toys I have to run when I get home to prevent another ice age.

The good thing about the greenie cars is they are so quiet they can really hear my Hemi as I power by.

Technosavant 02-22-2011 02:32 PM

Heh, I turned mine off in the EVIC. With the V-6 it means almost nothing, it's just stupid.

JTS97Z28 02-22-2011 02:49 PM

LOL. ECO light on a gas guzzling SUV......nice ;-)

mrpositraction 02-22-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technosavant (Post 361711)
Heh, I turned mine off in the EVIC. With the V-6 it means almost nothing, it's just stupid.

How do you really feel about it?

larrytor 02-22-2011 03:11 PM

it is pretty funny to have a ECo light on a huge engine lol

Bmwister 02-22-2011 03:15 PM

Doesn't the ECO light mean Extra Carbon Output?

GTOGreg 02-22-2011 04:34 PM

Everytime that little light comes on friend, there is one happier chipmunk in this world. You're a good man.

gostan4484 02-22-2011 05:19 PM

For me, every time the ECO light comes on, I feel a bit guilty. That is, until I put my foot on the pedal and feel all of that Hemi power.

Cperez 02-22-2011 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikingdave (Post 361698)
I love the "ECO" light on my 2011 Hemi Grand Cherokee, to me it's kind of like the "Hybrid" letters on a Hybrid. Every time the light comes on I just know that I'm doing my share to protect the earth from total destruction in the next couple of years. I wonder if I can get some sort of an ECO credit on my tax return?

Almost makes me forget all about the endangered species of flora and fauna I'm crushing when I go off-road. That's what I call an carbon offset.

vikingdave 02-22-2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cperez (Post 361857)
Almost makes me forget all about the endangered species of flora and fauna I'm crushing when I go off-road. That's what I call an carbon offset.

I do have a genuine concern for the flora and fauna, maybe you could purchase flora/fauna offset crush credits somewhere ?

Jeepeta 02-22-2011 06:51 PM

Mfp!!!!