Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Ordering Overland this week, few questions (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/ordering-overland-this-week-few-questions-19339.html)

dsmith14 02-23-2011 08:09 PM

Ordering Overland this week, few questions
 
I will be ordering a 4x4 Overland V-8 within the next week. Charcoal with light frost thanks to Nbtstatic's pictures. I will be using the Tread Lightly discount. I had a couple questions:

Anyone using the TL discount get the dealer to go lower than the 1% under invoice?

Anyone get the dealer to throw in any Mopar accessories with the order?

Any advice?

Thanks!

JeepeeJ 02-23-2011 10:48 PM

Re: Ordering Overland this week, few questions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dsmith14 (Post 362934)
I will be ordering a 4x4 Overland V-8 within the next week. Charcoal with light frost thanks to Nbtstatic's pictures. I will be using the Tread Lightly discount. I had a couple questions:

Anyone using the TL discount get the dealer to go lower than the 1% under invoice?

Anyone get the dealer to throw in any Mopar accessories with the order?

Any advice?

Thanks!

Try getting a better price than the TL discount. If that fails for you then whip it out.

swampass2 02-23-2011 11:26 PM

Re: Ordering Overland this week, few questions
 
Around here the Overlands are a hot commodity. I used the Tread Lightly discount and got the dealer to throw in the rear cargo mat. I tried to get a deal on the side steps too, but no dice...

mjw930 02-24-2011 07:37 AM

Re: Ordering Overland this week, few questions
 
It's really going to depend on where you live. Down here in FL the Affiliate pricing (TL) is the best you are going to do on an Overland 4X4 but in places like the upper midwest and California it seems they are wiling to meet or beat that pricing since most have vehicles in stock.

Personally, since the savings would be at most a few hundred dollars I choose to walk in, ask for a manager and tell them I am an affiliate and let them decide which sales person they assign to the deal. Since the commission back to the salesman is thin on these deals going in and hammering them on price to then "whip out" the affiliate wildcard does nothing but piss them off. Put yourself in their shoes and think about how you would like to be treated. With affiliate pricing the purchase isn't an adversarial deal.

JDM12 02-24-2011 08:47 AM

Re: Ordering Overland this week, few questions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjw930 (Post 363199)
Since the commission back to the salesman is thin on these deals going in and hammering them on price to then "whip out" the affiliate wildcard does nothing but piss them off. Put yourself in their shoes and think about how you would like to be treated. With affiliate pricing the purchase isn't an adversarial deal.

I have no problems pissing off a car salesman by trying to negotiate the best deal possible for myself. They squeeze every last cent out of unsuspecting/less knowledgeable customers thousands of times daily. IMO they do a surprisingly little amount of work and are really an unnecessary middleman to my business transaction.

jeepster23 02-24-2011 10:41 AM

Re: Ordering Overland this week, few questions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JDM12 (Post 363215)
I have no problems pissing off a car salesman by trying to negotiate the best deal possible for myself. They squeeze every last cent out of unsuspecting/less knowledgeable customers thousands of times daily. IMO they do a surprisingly little amount of work and are really an unnecessary middleman to my business transaction.

X2 they are the biggest sleazebags as a rule.

JDM12 02-24-2011 01:04 PM

Re: Ordering Overland this week, few questions
 
Sorry, I didnt mean to derail the thread. I'm a fan of the light frost for sure. The only thing i've ever gotten free from a dealer were oil changes but maybe you'll get lucky with your salesperson!

chucksc 02-24-2011 01:48 PM

Re: Ordering Overland this week, few questions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepster23 (Post 363298)
X2 they are the biggest sleazebags as a rule.

Why do you think they work at "Stealerships"?

JeepeeJ 02-24-2011 11:55 PM

Re: Ordering Overland this week, few questions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjw930 (Post 363199)
It's really going to depend on where you live. Down here in FL the Affiliate pricing (TL) is the best you are going to do on an Overland 4X4 but in places like the upper midwest and California it seems they are wiling to meet or beat that pricing since most have vehicles in stock.

Personally, since the savings would be at most a few hundred dollars I choose to walk in, ask for a manager and tell them I am an affiliate and let them decide which sales person they assign to the deal. Since the commission back to the salesman is thin on these deals going in and hammering them on price to then "whip out" the affiliate wildcard does nothing but piss them off. Put yourself in their shoes and think about how you would like to be treated. With affiliate pricing the purchase isn't an adversarial deal.

I never mentioned anything about a wild card. I meant whip it out and see what happens next. :D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community