Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   things to check on delivery of Overland today? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/things-to-check-on-delivery-of-overland-today-19357.html)

ehorst 02-24-2011 08:40 AM

things to check on delivery of Overland today?

After a 3 month wait, my wife and I are taking delivery of our V6 Overland today! Anyone have a checklist (or advice) on what to look for?

Thanks!

JDM12 02-24-2011 09:00 AM

Re: things to check on delivery of Overland today?

CONGRATS! Don't let your excitement get in the way of making sure the dealer prep is up to par. No scratches, dings, rips etc. Once you get home you can check your build sheet and make sure nobody swiped any of your accessories. I like to double check fluids also.

Daved51 02-24-2011 09:09 AM

Check your tire pressure.... They come from the factory with pressure above the recommended listed on the drive door. The dealer has overlooked this on some new GCs

fireron 02-24-2011 09:28 AM

There is a flap of rubber on the driver's side underneath the hood just above the driver's side of the radiator that helps to keep water, snow, debris from entering air cleaner area. This was missing for folks in early deliveries but maybbe corrected by now. Tried to find the post but must have missed it.

One person was missing their oil cap. Most of all, try to inspect your new ride in the daylight for the best inspection. Folks always get so excited but helps to see things hidden by shadows and reflections etc. Common sense but....................

Originally Posted by Overland-North http://jeepgarage.org/images/imagina...s/viewpost.gif
So I picked up my new 2011 Overland last Thursday. I've put about 300 km on it. I love it! I was at my friends tonight and opened the hood for the first time since driving it off the lot to look at the engine and to my surprise the oil cap is missing!!

ehorst 02-24-2011 10:47 AM

Thanks guys!

Cperez 02-24-2011 11:03 AM

Might want to pick up some Red Bull or one of those 2-paks of 5 Hour Energy...if you're like some of us you're going to be sitting in your new ride all night long playing with controls, reading the manual, loading music, etc.

Congrats and enjoy.:thumbsup:

CortC 02-24-2011 03:49 PM

Check everything inside and out, paint, interior trim, gaps, etc... Even check under the car... Check for damage that has been repaired, sometimes the carrier will take a car with light damage that they cause in transit to get repaired...

2011RitterGC 02-24-2011 07:37 PM

Check to make sure your feet are still on the ground after picking it up.

Chi-One 02-24-2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cperez (Post 363310)
Might want to pick up some Red Bull or one of those 2-paks of 5 Hour Energy...if you're like some of us you're going to be sitting in your new ride all night long playing with controls, reading the manual, loading music, etc.

Congrats and enjoy.:thumbsup:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

2liter 02-24-2011 07:43 PM

all good advice...

barrette's jeep 02-24-2011 07:44 PM

Check wheels bolts tension..

netcoolery 02-24-2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2011RitterGC (Post 363726)
Check to make sure your feet are still on the ground after picking it up.

In addition: if you follow 2011RitterGC's advice from another recent thread, you might want to bring your wife/girlfriend. :rolleyes: