Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Explorer vs Jeep (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/explorer-vs-jeep-19359.html)

kaflyboy 02-24-2011 09:31 AM

Explorer vs Jeep

I'm following a new explorer into work. I can't believe how ugly it is. I'm glad I ordered a jeep. Looks like a highlander.

jeep2011 02-24-2011 09:58 AM

Re: Explored vs jeep

One was behind me yesterday on the way home. The hood looked so low to the ground, it definitely is a crossover. They are not as pretty in person.

batman 02-24-2011 10:10 AM

Reviews seem to favor the Explorer, its actually not a bad vehicle though.

jeep2011 02-24-2011 10:12 AM

Of course it is something new and all the writers/reviewers are up Ford's A**

I would never own one. Ford's interiors are boring and just plain.

The MyFordTouch everyone is complaining it is busy, slow, and crashes all the time. Most report all the systems shut down (radio and air conditioning) while driving and it shows performing scheduled maintenance.....Really??? that should be done at night. Even CNET and Consumer Reports dislike the system.

On the bright side CNET loves the Chrysler version 830N series, they said it is fast, easy to use, and doesn't crash. I still do not like the way they integrate the huge screen it looks very plain and out of place in the Chryslers.

batman 02-24-2011 10:17 AM

The Durango is a more direct competitor to the Explorer anyway.

White Chocolate 02-24-2011 12:09 PM

the explorer is not THAT BAD of a looking vehicle, however I would prefer the new GC or Durango over it.

chucksc 02-24-2011 12:11 PM

Not everyone thinks the Exploder is better! Automobile mag had a comparo that seemed like it was written by an actual car person instead of some intern quoting the marketing literature - FWIW they liked the Jeep better... See the comments about lower real world mileage, less ability to pass and generally cheaper and boring interiors on the Ford.

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...son/index.html

wjs81866 02-24-2011 12:23 PM

The course Ford had set up at the Chicago Auto Show was comical, a little bit of sand and all flat. Compared to the enormous course Jeep had set up with logs, rocks and a very steep up/downhill section.

I basically have nothing against Ford or the Explorer, I will say that IMO Ford continues to push out generally boring designs. All their vehicles "While fairly well built" suck when it comes to appearence. I think that's an area they could improve on, they still seem to have a hangover from the Ford Taurus that wont go away. I saw a Taurus this morning on the way to work, I will say they changed it but it's still SH%$ F&^& ugly. Except for the Mustang of course.

jeep2011 02-24-2011 12:53 PM

OMG I hate the mustang especially that progressing rear blinker? I am so happy the camaro sales has beaten mustangs. Actually the stang does sound good and thats about it, lol.

DAVY27 02-24-2011 02:27 PM

yep, looks wack

dobiegillis 02-24-2011 02:54 PM

I drove both the Explorer and JGC last weekend and like the GC better. Personally, I think the new Explorer's style is nice and it rode well but the GC is better overall. MyFord Touch is beautiful to look at but VERY laggy. My friend has an Edge with MFT and it is a PITA. Too bad really as that system has huge potential. Why they couldn't have put a faster processor and more RAM in it I'll never know...unless its a software problem.

batman 02-24-2011 05:11 PM

Wow, bunch of Ford haters in here!!!!