Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   To wait or take now? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/to-wait-or-take-now-19402.html)

boldd 02-24-2011 09:49 PM

To wait or take now?

On Jan 29, 2011 I ordered my Mineral Grey, Overland, V8. I have a VIN and it's still in "D" status according to the dealer today. They then said they located the exact same vehicle but with the "Adaptive Warning/Adaptive Cruise Control" option. THey said they'd honour my original price, but I just pay the additionl $1250 CDN + taxes for the other option.

I suspect I'm a 4 week wait till my WK2 arrives. So the dilemma is A) Wait for what I ordered which then includes the 730N RHR, or B) Get the instock WK2 with the older RER head unit and pay an additional $1250 for the Adaptive Warning/Cruise.

Thoughts? I want it now, but not a fan of the adaptive warning system. My mom's Volvo has the BLIS system and it's so annoying. I don't trust it. I use my head turns to check. Also, despite not knowing much about the issues of the RER vs. RHR, I hear that I should just wait for the RHR.

Thanks.

Kennedy12 02-24-2011 09:53 PM

Re: To wait or take now?

Personally if I'm dropping over 40K on a jeep, I'm waiting for the exact one I want and would not just settle to have it a few weeks earlier. Why pay more for a feature you don't like or want, and your also paying more for a vehicle with a less intelligent Nav system. From an onlooker point of view it seems pretty obvious to wait, but it's your choice!

RageOfFury 02-24-2011 09:59 PM

Wait and get exactly what you want. Your not in a rush are you?

dobiegillis 02-24-2011 10:00 PM

I would wait!

boldd 02-24-2011 10:00 PM

Thanks. I know there are a ton of threads, but quickly what are the issues with the RER head unit?

Kennedy12 02-24-2011 10:08 PM

Check this

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2_navigation.htm

Hope it helps

boldd 02-24-2011 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kennedy12 (Post 363837)

Thanks:) I have seen that and bookmarked it as to the specs, but just curious what the actual issues were with the previous model. I guess I can take a few mins and browse more.

Dan JGC 02-24-2011 10:22 PM

I'd probably wait...the RER isn't what I would want and that vehicle is probably an earlier build too. I'm hoping my wait pays off with the later build having less issues. If it was a more recent build and the 430N and the dealer discounted a bit more, then perhaps...

boldd 03-18-2011 02:58 PM

A friend told me today to try another dealer and see if they have what I want in stock and then cancel my order from another dealer. Sure enough, called another dealer and they have an Overland, V8, RHR, no ACC, in both Mineral Grey and Dark Charcoal. One has black, the other has beige interior. I'm now going there tomorrow to talk $$$. If all is good, Monday I will have my new JGC and will have canceeled my order and be in it now versus weeks from now. Maybe even get a better deal.

chuckbernard 03-18-2011 03:22 PM

Um, why would you even consider NOT getting the Adaptive Cruise Control? That is the best feature on my Jeep. Gives you heads up warnings for impending collisions.

The 430N sucks if you are talking about iPod/iPhone integration but the software fix will come for that soon (Jeep called me and told me that the fix was available last weekend).

Well, that's my opinion...

boldd 03-18-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckbernard (Post 378390)
Um, why would you even consider NOT getting the Adaptive Cruise Control? That is the best feature on my Jeep. Gives you heads up warnings for impending collisions.

The 430N sucks if you are talking about iPod/iPhone integration but the software fix will come for that soon (Jeep called me and told me that the fix was available last weekend).

Well, that's my opinion...

It has the new 730N RHR. As for the ACC, just not my thing. My mom has BLIS on her C30 T5 and I find it so annoying. I had an ML 350 for a day a few weeks ago and also found it annoying. I'm all about the manual shoulder checks.

TAZ28 03-18-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckbernard (Post 378390)

They told me, not until April....:confused: