Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Woo hoo!!! Hvac tsb out!!!!!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/woo-hoo-hvac-tsb-out-19426.html)

pbalias 02-25-2011 09:19 AM

Woo hoo!!! Hvac tsb out!!!!!!

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_2400411.pdf

Making the appointment now!

My biggest complaint on this truck has been the funky operation of the HVAC.
:D

JoeSchmoe007 02-25-2011 11:21 AM

Re: Woo hoo!!! Hvac tsb out!!!!!!

I actually experienced it this past weekend

flyin_dutchman 02-25-2011 10:48 PM

Hmmm....Is it bad when I am excited to see a TSB? I suppose it is more of a relief to me that ChryCo is paying attention to the problems being encountered? I have had the first complaint problem addressed in the TSB , the blower issue, about 6 times? Good find PB!

LiquidOxygen 02-27-2011 02:08 PM

Funny. This tsb states that v6 owners only may experience An increase or decrease in fan speed during acceleration or cornering. My hemi looses fan speed when I'm in drive and press the accelerator. as soon as I stop and select park it picks right up again. Is this normal or should I head in and ask for the update?

Cherodude 02-27-2011 02:39 PM

Good to see that ChryCo is paying attention to these issues. I had noticed an occasional fan speed change during driving, but no big deal to me since it always was just a blip then back to normal, so this is a bonus to have it fixed.

I had to delay my service appointment for a week, so this will allow me to get all three for the V6 done at once: ESC (18-001-11), Transmission (18-012-11) and HVAC (24-004-11). Good timing!

pbalias 02-27-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiquidOxygen (Post 365608)
Funny. This tsb states that v6 owners only may experience An increase or decrease in fan speed during acceleration or cornering. My hemi looses fan speed when I'm in drive and press the accelerator. as soon as I stop and select park it picks right up again. Is this normal or should I head in and ask for the update?

My V6 does the same thing. In fact, that's always been my initial complaint. I'm sure this TSB will fix my problem. My blower changes speed when I shift the transmission from Park or Neutral to gear. The minute I put it back in Park or Neutral, the speed increases again. I also have the horrible howling in Auto mode.

I have an appt. Sat morning. I'll keep you all advised.

FLHTCU 03-02-2011 01:03 PM

Has anbody experianced this with a 2011 GC, When the heater is directed to the floor or for that matter anywhere, after sitting at a stop sign and accelarating it switchs modes to defrost and the heat to full hot for about 5 seconds and than switchs back, similair to the old days when the vacuum check valve went bad. Dealer indicated some tsb regarding changing out the heater control head ( manual ). but I cant find anything regarding that ? Any help ? Thanks

pbalias 03-02-2011 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLHTCU (Post 367681)
Has anbody experianced this with a 2011 GC, When the heater is directed to the floor or for that matter anywhere, after sitting at a stop sign and accelarating it switchs modes to defrost and the heat to full hot for about 5 seconds and than switchs back, similair to the old days when the vacuum check valve went bad. Dealer indicated some tsb regarding changing out the heater control head ( manual ). but I cant find anything regarding that ? Any help ? Thanks

Seems like quite a few people are having multiple weird issues with the blower speed and air flow routing on this truck, all happening at different times. I think your best bet is to get this TSB applied, see if it fixes your specific HVAC issues, then go from there. I'm hoping the TSB covers my issue with the HVAC, even though my particular symptoms aren't exactly stated in the TSB verbage.

I have an appointment Sat AM, and will let you guys know what comes out of it.

RageOfFury 03-03-2011 05:45 PM

Had this done today, the fan speed no longer fluctuates.:thumbsup:

LiquidOxygen 03-03-2011 06:56 PM

Good. Mine goes in next week

pbalias 03-03-2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RageOfFury (Post 368574)
Had this done today, the fan speed no longer fluctuates.:thumbsup:

Great news!

pbalias 03-14-2011 09:46 PM

Got this done this weekend. Although the AUTO-mode "howl" seems ot be gone, the damned blower speed still fluctuates when putting the car into gear from Park or Neutral.

WTF?

I doooooo have a slight suspicion the tech didn't perform the TSBs or didn't perform them correctly.