Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   What if I ordered the "wrong" color? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/what-if-i-ordered-the-wrong-color-19444.html)

wreckdive 02-25-2011 04:02 PM

What if I ordered the "wrong" color?

Hello world,
I'm proud to be waiting for a new 2011 GC Summit 5.7L. My first Jeep, and I'm psyched!
But I screwed up: I overthought the color options, and went with the White Gold. . . I think I really wanted the Mineral Grey Metallic! VIN is issued, build confirmation is "in", and the Dealer will do anything to not change a thing on this order. Any ideas or inspiration out there? I know I'm being stupid, but it's my own hard-earned stupidity!
FWIW, the WK2's I drove rode every bit as well as my sister's 4 Land Rovers (all supercharged, 2 Sports). I'd say 85% of the RR "experience" at half the price. We win.

ArmyRXP 02-25-2011 04:09 PM

Re: What if I ordered the "wrong" color?

We ordered the white gold and saddle in the Summit also and truthfully I really like it as it sets itsle differently as a Classy model and not really anything to take off road. THe other colors then yes but the white gold is classy like the old Caddies used to be. Its all in the dash, with it being saddle also it makes the interior brighter than the black dash. Its what the wife wants and after seeing alot of Overland with saddle interior in all colors this color combo says class. IMHO but that is my opinion.

wreckdive 02-25-2011 04:16 PM

Hi Gary,
That was also some of my thinking. . . the Saddle interior and dash do complement the White Gold well. I'm just driving myself nuts 'cause I only get a new ride every six or seven years, and want 'em to be "perfect". I agree, the Gold is classy. My dealer said the illuminated door sills weren't available?? And being new to Jeep, what is the MagnaFlow exhaust option? Didn't see that in the Mopar book yet! Thanks!

ArmyRXP 02-25-2011 04:30 PM

All after market. Looked around on here and saw the door sills, Read this thread will help you on them. http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/illuminated-door-sills-only-available-for-limited-and-up-19257.html

Magnaflow is a exhaust company, make very good aftermarket exhaust, I have it on my mustang and get great compliments. Here is their link and a forum thread where you can hear someone who has done it here.

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...OKEE&year=2011

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/exhaust-sound-video-attached-18779.html

Did you get the Hemi or V6?

wreckdive 02-25-2011 04:34 PM

V-8 all the way. The V6 drove well, but I like machines that are better/bigger/faster than I am.

ArmyRXP 02-25-2011 04:41 PM

:lol::lol: Yeah I have a 04 Seadoo RXP that still isnt fast enough at 74mph so afeter this depoyment then move should be able to get it close to 80 and that is flying on the water. Love the rush!!!

one11sgt 02-25-2011 05:20 PM

Don't second guess yourself. Your first instinct is usually right. You chose the white gold first. It will stand out far beyond just another gray car. No offense to those that have the gray. I have just another black car myself.

Dan JGC 02-25-2011 06:04 PM

White gold is a classy color for sure. Almost did the mineral gray but the black edged it out.

netcoolery 02-25-2011 06:22 PM

To be honest, White Gold was not on my radar screen until I saw pictures on this forum of a White Gold Overland with a Saddle/Black interior. Wow!! Looked great.

I'm still going for the Rugged Brown myself -- but a White Gold Summit will be a good looking vehicle for sure.

MasterWK 02-25-2011 06:29 PM

All of the WK2 colors are nice. You'll like it either way, but make sure you're getting what you really want!

JTS97Z28 02-25-2011 08:39 PM

I originally loved white gold as in the brochure pictures it looks different than it does in person. In person it has a bit too much gold look when in the brochure it almost appears to be a nice white/grayish if that makes sense. Now I did see a white gold overland with saddle interior in person and believe it or not they do infact go together very well. As everyone else said its very classy. I dont think I would get white gold for myself, but all in all it actually was kinda nice looking with that combo paired together.

Basically, if you really do not want that color do not get it. If you do you will be kicking yourself everyday for it. Just explain to the dealer what happened and if they are willing to do it great, if not then screw them get whatever money you gave them back order elsewhere.

James

wreckdive 02-25-2011 08:39 PM

Yeah, I guess the real question is what would be "reasonable" to expect of a Dealer if a buyer :had: to change the color after the VIN and build were in the Jeep system? In my not necessarily rational world, I'd think a Dealer might consider ordering what the customer really wants and sell the "mistake" off the lot or through dealer network. My dealer is mumbling a lot of junk about "allocations" and "no order spaces remaining" and stuff like that, which I am not buying for a minute. . . sounds like typically reflexive dealer mumbo-jumbo to me! I totally accept the fact that this is of my doing, and the Dealer should not be asked to lose $$ for stuff like this, but maybe, just maybe "giving the customer what they want even when the customer was wrong" is an idea not yet dead? I think a "good" dealer would be able to make this work without too much hassle, but I guess they have to want to be "good". I'll find out what the Sales Manager says about it on Monday. . . and I'll approach the Owner of the dealership after that if I have to. I'm not at all being an a--hole (that's according to me), but I am politely and persistently asking "what if?". I'm gonna love the car anyway, since I'm sitting inside the darn thing all the time anyway. The White Gold does look good. . . I just think the Grey Metallic shows off the bodywork and sculpting more effectively.