Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Front windshield (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/front-windshield-19470.html)

AAAA 02-26-2011 12:21 PM

Front windshield

I'm considering putting "E-Z Pass" (electronic highway toll transmitter) on windshield. I have had one in the past and instructions say to place it on windshield behind rear view mirror on passenger side. This way it is read easier and does not block driver's view.

I note that the area behind the mirror has an area of small black dots which I assume has something to do with rain sensitive wipers.

Question: Does placing the E-Z Pass transmitter near or on these dots affect either the wipers or E-Z Pass operation. Thanks.

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-26-2011 12:47 PM

Re: Front windshield

the black dots are the sunscreen LOL. you can put the ezpass anywhere in your car and it will read correctly. i have mine inside my dashboard on top of the gauge cluster and my brother has his in his glove box. you can put it on the glass if you want, but it was kind of ugly so i moved mine out of view.

AAAA 02-26-2011 12:51 PM

Thanks. This forum is wonderful.

plynn7 02-26-2011 01:23 PM

I have my Ezpass right behind the rearview mirror where the dots are, and I have no problems at all, works fine.

MasterWK 02-26-2011 01:53 PM

Top right of my windshield, and I like it there because its not distracting when I'm driving.

BOYCHIKS 02-26-2011 02:40 PM

It should read where ever. My radar detector works fine as well behind the dots.

Kennedy12 02-26-2011 09:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
do you have a front license plate? If so they make ones that can go right on the front plate and doesn't block it at all. I don't have a front plate, but the rest of my family does and they have it there and it's awesome ad you dont have to worry about looking at it on the windshield.
I attached a pic in case you havent seen it. hope this helps

iJeep 02-26-2011 10:29 PM

I have my EZ-pass right against the frame of the windshield, behind of the rear view mirror, in top of the dots. Perfect place.

JoeSchmoe007 02-26-2011 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAAA (Post 364980)
I'm considering putting "E-Z Pass" (electronic highway toll transmitter) on windshield. I have had one in the past and instructions say to place it on windshield behind rear view mirror on passenger side. This way it is read easier and does not block driver's view.

I note that the area behind the mirror has an area of small black dots which I assume has something to do with rain sensitive wipers.

Question: Does placing the E-Z Pass transmitter near or on these dots affect either the wipers or E-Z Pass operation. Thanks.

I placed my EZ Pass on these dots and it works just fine. It is also a perfect place for it because driver can't even see it. I will try not to forget to take a picture tomorrow. However, I don't have rain sensitive vipers (Laredo X) and cannot comment on that.

JoeSchmoe007 02-26-2011 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 365000)
the black dots are the sunscreen LOL. you can put the ezpass anywhere in your car and it will read correctly. i have mine inside my dashboard on top of the gauge cluster and my brother has his in his glove box. you can put it on the glass if you want, but it was kind of ugly so i moved mine out of view.

This is not the case. I used to have mine in sunglass holder under the ceiling and it was not read there at the entrance to Holland tunnel in NJ.

Navy1 02-27-2011 08:38 AM

I have mine mounted behind the mirror on the black dots and have never had any problems. Works just fine.

AAAA 02-27-2011 09:02 AM

Thanks all. I am aware of the front license plate mount, but I am afraid that I (or the guy parked in front of me) will smash it. Also I do not have a real secure feeling about the front plate as it is screwed directly into the plastic bumper - no washer and nut behind it.