Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Black side steps? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/black-side-steps-19521.html)

bigpanda 02-27-2011 05:40 PM

Black side steps?

1 Attachment(s)
I just got a black WK2 overland and am trying to make it more of mono-colored. Probably less chrome. Something like the one from SEMA.

But because of my little kids, I'm considering of getting a pair of black side steps.

I've seen the pics of chrome ones but does any of youguys have black ones installed?

I honestly think Mopar's side steps may make my WK2 look little chubbier, so I'm also open for other brand's steps. Thanks.

LiquidOxygen 02-27-2011 07:26 PM

Re: Black side steps?

Go to the mopar website and search accessories for your wk2. There is a pic of one with the black tubular side steps on. Personally I think the black rockguards are a much better investment. They protect your vehicle, Can support the full weight of the vehicle should you get stuck on something and you can use them as side steps. The tubular ones are purely a stepping stone to assist entering your jeep. They can be easily damaged and offer less protection to your doors and rockers.

bigpanda 02-28-2011 03:13 AM

Yes, I saw the black one on Mopar site and wanted to see more pics with black steps. Rockguards are nice but looking for the one with steps for kids.

Salmon 03-04-2011 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigpanda (Post 365728)
I just got a black WK2 overland and am trying to make it more of mono-colored. Probably less chrome. Something like the one from SEMA.

But because of my little kids, I'm considering of getting a pair of black side steps.

I've seen the pics of chrome ones but does any of youguys have black ones installed?

I honestly think Mopar's side steps may make my WK2 look little chubbier, so I'm also open for other brand's steps. Thanks.

It will be some troubles with rear windows chrome panel, they in clue with glass.I like this sema monocolor style too and was think about this.
Sorry for my bad English.

Jeepeta 03-04-2011 06:54 PM

I have the black mopar ones installed and I'm happy with them.

HemiPowerV8 03-04-2011 07:29 PM

I'm loving the front clip in that pic by the OP. Any word if that's a Mopar accessory? I have the Chrome Side Steps on mine.

evolos 03-08-2011 07:37 PM

not to bash the thread but the front end of that overland looks mean. i want it

VN_Oxbow 03-18-2011 11:52 PM

I just had mine put in today. Otherwise a horrible day dealing with the dealer's service dept but at least those turned out nice.