Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   my new lighting mod (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/my-new-lighting-mod-19530.html)

08limited 02-27-2011 07:33 PM

my new lighting mod

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH]5640Attachment 5641[/ATTACH]the first is the front seats and the second is the back with led strip lighting

lll2for3lll 02-27-2011 07:36 PM

Re: my new lighting mod

Where did you get power? Does it work with the dome lights?

White Chocolate 02-27-2011 08:08 PM

Sweetness!

MasterWK 02-28-2011 01:33 AM

You should post up a quick how to. I'm interested in doing that with mine. Looks great.

08limited 02-28-2011 10:14 AM

thanks it was pretty easy i tapped into the red fog light wire so they come on when i put the fogs on then ran a wire through the firewall,spliced all the leds together front and back,red with red,black with black,took the rocker panel off,ran a jumper from the back to the front,on the passanger side front snaked a wire behind the console that was the hardest part,connected them all,i put a switch in so i could manually put them on and off if i wanted to,grounded the negative to a bolt behind the brake pedal and ran the two red wires to the switch,i put the switch in the black panel by the brake and gas pedal,done,if you have adjustable pedals like me be careful where you wrap up the wires took about 4 hrs and 60 bucks not bad

DAVY27 02-28-2011 12:36 PM

very nice!

lll2for3lll 02-28-2011 12:37 PM

I wonder if there is a way to wire it into the domes.

lll2for3lll 02-28-2011 12:40 PM

Found the wires and fuse for dome lights. Fuse block #12 Red 10 Amp fuse for 2005 WK. All you have to do it's pull the step panels off the doors and send the wire through and tap into the fuse.

I might try it after I do other mods first. It's been added to my list.

08limited 02-28-2011 05:22 PM

u could do that but you have to have your domes on all the time or they would just come on when you open the doors,i wanted them to be on when im driving and be able to control them manually if need be,plus its hard to wire them in with micro fuses

lll2for3lll 02-28-2011 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08limited (Post 366380)
u could do that but you have to have your domes on all the time or they would just come on when you open the doors,i wanted them to be on when im driving and be able to control them manually if need be,plus its hard to wire them in with micro fuses

Oh I see. That's cool.

And to wire them in with a mini fuse, just Google "mini fuse tap".

chance 03-01-2011 01:20 AM

I wired the Halos on my headlights to my accessory wire of the radio, wasn't too bad at all.

Try doing that! You can just throw a rocker switch on it to control them manually but if you forget to turn them off they will turn off when you turn the Jeep off.

I ecspecially like it this way for the lights because \I forget sometimes to hit my switch since its in the little glove holder to the left side of the steering wheel.

Good luck guys!

lll2for3lll 03-18-2011 01:24 PM

I want to see day time pictures of where you mounted the LED strips. I'm thinking about doing this after getting fog lights.