Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   anyone get their iPod 4th gen to work? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/anyone-get-their-ipod-4th-gen-to-work-19603.html)

ehorst 03-01-2011 09:27 AM

anyone get their iPod 4th gen to work?

Last Thursday we received our Overland...and we love it! One minor issue, however, is that our 4th gen iPod touch yields an "error" when we try to connect it (via the center console USB port).

Has anyone had success getting their 4th gen iPod Touch to work? I'd be seriously bummed if our new Jeep doesn't support this...

Radside 03-01-2011 12:17 PM

Re: anyone get their iPod 4th gen to work?

It has the same connection issues as the iPhone 3GS. There is suppose to be a software fix that is coming out to fix this for the 430/N. I believe that Chrysler already released the fix for the 730RER but I don't know if it fixed the connection issue or not.

bozer 03-01-2011 01:43 PM

I have a 4G iphone and it works perfectly

CaptPat 03-01-2011 05:26 PM

My 4G iPhone works fine, can't get my 2nd generation IPOD to work when connected via the console USB though :mad: 430N user

It's on the list of a few other nits to be addressed at the first oil change--which the dealer is offering for free. :thumbsup:

ehorst 03-02-2011 07:13 AM

Radside, Is that "fix" something the dealer would install, or would it be a user download?

Thanks guys for the input!

Radside 03-02-2011 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ehorst (Post 367500)
Radside, Is that "fix" something the dealer would install, or would it be a user download?

Thanks guys for the input!

On the 730RER, it has been both. The dealer can do it but Chrysler also mailed discs but that was hit and miss. The site mofv.com usually has the latest and greatest updates for the 730RER but no updates have been made available for the 430N yet...AFAIK.

TalPA 03-03-2011 08:00 AM

On my 430N and my Droid 2, hasn't worked since day one..

Marky 03-10-2011 05:25 PM

Try to leave the iPod app open when you connect. If it fails, just immediately disconnect and reconnect. You'll also see a little icon on your iPhone where you can "direct" the audio.

I do get errors, but using this method I'm usually good after 30 seconds of futzing.

wjs81866 03-10-2011 07:30 PM

we use ours in the Laredo with a 430 and our Limited with a 730N, works in both. The only thing that doesn't seem to stream bluetooth on my 430. But I never use that anyway. Uconnect works great on both.

Rosewood 03-10-2011 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TalPA (Post 368215)
On my 430N and my Droid 2, hasn't worked since day one..

i had the same issue with wife's droid. defaulted the phone and it fixed it.

rybocf 03-11-2011 03:00 PM

FYI, there's no such thing as a 4G IPhone....

BruceDeck 03-11-2011 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ehorst (Post 366789)
Last Thursday we received our Overland...and we love it! One minor issue, however, is that our 4th gen iPod touch yields an "error" when we try to connect it (via the center console USB port).

Has anyone had success getting their 4th gen iPod Touch to work? I'd be seriously bummed if our new Jeep doesn't support this...

Chrysler customer service called me yesterday as a follow up to the poor survey they received from me. They said they are aware newer ipods will not work through the center console USB and a fix would be coming out but she did not have a date for this.

On a similar note, the software update to correct the Sirius Travel Link would be sent out via a disc by the end of March (this date has moved a few times now). 430N owners can either update it themselves with the disc or take it to a dealer. I would personally recommend not letting a dealer do it, I don't think most are even aware there is an issue yet.