Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Air Lift On Laredo X (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/air-lift-on-laredo-x-19623.html)

mikebuckledc 03-01-2011 06:30 PM

Air Lift On Laredo X

I picked up a 2011 Laredo X with Off road adventure 2 and Airlift back in November, but am lacking the manual "up" and "down" buttons on the right side of select terrain panel.....I have been talking to dealers for a few months trying to get the issue resolved, and according to Jeep the model should not have been built and they think i'm crazy. Anyone else have a Laredo X with Airlift and are your buttons missing or did I pick up an incomplete build? Thx

robpp 03-01-2011 07:06 PM

Re: Air Lift On Laredo X

get a build sheet from the dealer and post it up.

2011RitterGC 03-01-2011 07:16 PM

I thought you can only get QL on the Limited (option) and Overland (standard)?

chibianh 03-01-2011 07:23 PM

if you don't have the buttons, then you don't have the Quadra lift air suspension.

mikebuckledc 03-01-2011 07:33 PM

100 percent quadralift equipped....you turn the knob to mud and jeep goes up, you turn to sport and jeep goes down, had dealer and friends verify so i know i'm not crazy. i think they just left them out by mistake since, again, the jeep doesn't technically exist. I'll post the meroni label when I can. Anyone else with quadralift on Laredo X?

mikebuckledc 03-01-2011 07:36 PM

Also, the Meroni sticker (comes on the window..) says Off Road Adventure Group II option including QuadraLift air suspension option, $2125. I know, it shouldn't exist but does, so what now?

ar15nova 03-01-2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikebuckledc (Post 367123)
I picked up a 2011 Laredo X with Off road adventure 2 and Airlift back in November, but am lacking the manual "up" and "down" buttons on the right side of select terrain panel.....I have been talking to dealers for a few months trying to get the issue resolved, and according to Jeep the model should not have been built and they think i'm crazy. Anyone else have a Laredo X with Airlift and are your buttons missing or did I pick up an incomplete build? Thx

Pop the hood and check the shock towers. If you see an air hose running into the top of them you have air suspension. If not, you don't.

mikebuckledc 03-01-2011 07:40 PM

Yep, everything is there. the compressor also autolevels the back of the truck when I have cargo in the back or am towing. It's not a matter of if I have it or not because it's there, it's just a matter of missing buttons. Thanks for input!

Cherodude 03-01-2011 08:52 PM

The Laredo X model was available with Quadra-Lift for a limited time back in mid-Fall or so, in a window when restrictions were lifted, and I've seen posts from others who have such equipped GCs.

You are the first one reporting the lack of manual lift buttons that I've seen. Sounds like an assembly-line snafu.

When did you take delivery? What is the vehicle build date?

Edit: OK- I see it was November. You should have the buttons, but your dealer will have to take this up with Chrysler to get things right.

Technosavant 03-01-2011 09:44 PM

Weird. I'd think that the appropriate Select-Terrain knob/switch set should remedy things, but it sounds like you got a real oddball.

Unfortunately, I doubt the WK2 will be collectible enough for yours to be specially valuable, so I'd probably keep up with trying to get the right control installed.

nek121328 03-01-2011 10:22 PM

My Laredo X was built November 1st with QL/ORII. Buttons are there and function accordingly. Sounds like the dealer should swap out the panel for one with working
buttons.

Scottina06 03-02-2011 12:04 AM

yep...saw a Laredo x with ql here locally