Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Rear Glass (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/rear-glass-19674.html)

rrjjpp74 03-02-2011 12:51 PM

Rear Glass

Anyone else have this issue yet? My new GC went in shop today because the back glass has come unglued from the hinge. They looked the glass up to order and seen they are on backorder about 20 or so on order. Does this mean that there is a known issue? Anyone else have a problem?

Navy1 03-02-2011 01:23 PM

Re: Rear Glass

Hi rrj...I just went out and inspected mine based on your post. Everything looks normal and I don't see any sign of the hinges or anything else becoming loose or unglued. Hope everything works out for you.

rrjjpp74 03-02-2011 01:41 PM

Yeah they are working on it today. It started as a weird glass rattle then window shift and was hitting of side body panel. Open the glass up and could see it all came unglued on the drivers side.

xKILLROYx 03-02-2011 02:50 PM

I checked mine as well, but everything seems intact...GL!!!

AAAA 03-03-2011 08:34 AM

Just went out to check. A-OK. It appears to me though that the contact areas of the hinge with the window are rather small for the job the glue is being required to do.

rrjjpp74 03-03-2011 10:06 AM

Got mine back yesterday they swaped mine with a new one on the lot. Jeep wanted the date code and said they have had a few so far. That is the only info the dealer told me.

jeep2011 03-03-2011 11:11 AM

I wonder if warmer weather ahead could cause this to happen to more.

Nouveau Redneck 03-03-2011 01:15 PM

One of the nice things about the internet is exchanging information like this. now we all know to keep an eye out for it.

For any that have had the problem, how often do you actually open the rear glass? I only ever open the full hatch myself and was wondering if opening and closing the glass itself might put more stress on it in the long run or is this happening to people like me who never open the glass itself.

rrjjpp74 03-03-2011 02:24 PM

Mine is only 3 weeks old. That is possible because I live in PA but went last weekend down to SC and temp change was pretty significant change.

AAAA 03-03-2011 03:05 PM

One of the reasons I purchase this vehicle is the ability to open the rear window.

litespeedz 03-08-2011 12:51 PM

My rear window is making a rattling noise over bumps. It's really annoying. I use the window more than the tail gate. The rear window is one reason I went with the GC and not the Acura MDX. I was going to bring it in to have them look at it. After seeing this thread I'll make my appointment sooner. I'll just add it to the list of things to have them look at...

RageOfFury 03-08-2011 02:11 PM

No issues with the rear glass coming unglued.

I just wish that it would open like the glass on my 06 Liberty use to do instead of just unlocking but remaining closed.