Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Was 430N always the default stereo for Overland? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/was-430n-always-the-default-stereo-for-overland-19720.html)

bigo_do 03-03-2011 01:23 PM

Was 430N always the default stereo for Overland?

Just got my GC 3 days ago after waiting 3 months for delivery. Ordered it in December and remember the 730N stereo being included standard and not as option when I went online to build it. The website shows otherwise now with 730N being a $465 add on. I contend that prior to 2011 the website did not give you the option of 430N and defaulted to 730N. The dealer seems to think otherwise. Can someone tell me if I am correct?

Technosavant 03-03-2011 01:57 PM

Re: Was 430N always the default stereo for Overland?

Originally, the 730N RER was the standard unit on the Overland. As of the first week of July, the 430N RHB became the standard unit with a few hundred dollar credit. The 730N RER was still available at the higher price.

The 730N RER has since been replaced by the 730N RHR. Original word was that the RHR would again become the standard unit in the Overland, but that has not happened yet.

As for the website, it has never kept up with the running equipment changes.

bigo_do 03-03-2011 02:36 PM

Thanks. Its frustrating when I know way more than the one selling the vehicle to me.

MikeD 03-03-2011 03:17 PM

What's funny is that the brochure I just got 2 weeks ago still shows the 730 as standard for the Overland.

Technosavant 03-03-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigo_do (Post 368451)
Thanks. Its frustrating when I know way more than the one selling the vehicle to me.

If you've done much research at all, that is not a rare state of affairs. It's very difficult for a sales staff to keep up with the entire range of vehicles, especially when the equipment changes every few weeks.

chuck1801 03-03-2011 04:21 PM

It may not be rare but I don't think it is excusable either. Jeep should be updating their dealers on these changes and the dealer should be educating their staff on the changes. I have ordered an Overland Summit but went to three dealers before I found one that knew what the Summit was.

Milous 03-03-2011 04:43 PM

The RHR became standard on Overland Summit models effective with all orders placed starting January 12th. On non-Summit models it is a $465 option.

Cherodude 03-03-2011 07:06 PM

I agree that dealers should be keeping on top of things. But here's my experience: The Sales Manager in the shops I go to is the only salesman who has a computer on their desk that can roam the web or, heaven forbid!, get access to the actual Chrysler company info about vehicles. Seems the sales managers are afraid of salesmen knowing more than themselves. So the average salesman is a droid, who can spout only the handbill info that filters down to them, weeks if not months old. You walk in and they are not busy, but are discussing the weather among themselves instead of researching their product line. For Pete's sake, if they had working computers they could be JG members, and think how informed they would become!

You sometimes find a sales person who has gone out of their way to inform themselves about the product line (likely a good part of it on their own time), but they are the exceptions in my experience.

Do you guys find the same?

Rant mode off (again).