Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Could this be true? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/could-this-be-true-19724.html)

mrfixxit7 03-03-2011 02:40 PM

Could this be true?

I have been monitoring the build status of my jeep several times daily and have been in D status since the 12 of Jan. I called the company that I placed my order with yesterday. They told me that they spoke with there Jeep rep. and he told them that the Jeep is in production and should be finished in 2 or 3 days. They also said that they were going to "Hot" the order and it would put it at the front of the line for shipping.
I told them that I have the ability to monitor the build status through this web site. They said that there info showed the same, but there rep said it was in production. And that maybe the info was not being updated.
The tracking has been updated here in the website several time since yesterday and it still shows D status.
What do you guys think?

WK2OverlandII 03-03-2011 02:54 PM

Re: Could this be true?

PM MILOUS...he will sort it out for you.

mrfixxit7 03-03-2011 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WK2OverlandII (Post 368466)
PM MILOUS...he sort it out for you.

I did PM him yesterday and I have not received anything from him yet.

mjw930 03-03-2011 03:56 PM

Sometimes the information that's uploaded to the master system Milous uses is hours or days old. I recall looking at the shipping info on my order and it showing in the shipping yard in JAX when it showed up at the dealership. The next day the status was updated to show it getting loaded onto a truck and delivered the previous day.

However, yours isn't even in D1 status so it's highly unlikely it has gone from D to I status between Milous's updates. I think the dealer/importer is getting bad info from the rep.

joebinotto 03-03-2011 06:28 PM

I would be highly suspicious of their comments. But if your dealer was able to "hot" the order, let me know. My dealer is saying there is nothing they can do with Jeep when it comes to that.

JTS97Z28 03-03-2011 06:39 PM

Yeah they have no clue what their talking about...just an FYI. I dont know what this company is that your speaking of but they were basically just pulling stuff out of their asses to tell you. If your Jeep was going to be built within the next three days you would have seen a status change to atleast D1 status.

James

mrfixxit7 03-03-2011 07:13 PM

That is what I am thinking as well. They are telling me I am still on schedule for a April 1 delivery. But I don't see it happening. I think I need to start looking into other options because when I get back to the states I will not have a vehicle to drive.
I kind of sucks because I was really looking forward to getting a new jeep after my tour was over.

Proshop01 03-03-2011 08:46 PM

I am pretty sure the dealer is BSing with "HOT". My order was marked HOT and it took longer than others.

mrfixxit7 03-05-2011 10:20 PM

Wow!! I guess it is true. Just looked at the update on this site and as of 2:30 PM today it is built and pending inspection. and has a expected delivery date of the 15th of March!

wreckdive 03-05-2011 11:16 PM

Smokin' Hot! Congrats!

gmtaylor3 03-06-2011 01:56 PM

Could someone let me know what steps you go through to get the vehicle build information on this site? Thanks.

JP49 03-06-2011 02:20 PM

gmtaylor3>>> PM Milous, give him your VIN number, date of order and model. You can get the VIN number from your dealer.