Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   730 Software update (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/730-software-update-19727.html)

wk2silverbullet 03-03-2011 02:47 PM

730 Software update
 
I had taken the car to the dealer for a repair, and today while making a call (Iphone 4), I noticed that the screen was different.

It was showing on the left "connecting" and the number, and on the right there was a jeep logo (this was the difference.)

Do they do the updates at the dealer when you bring it in for other reasons.?

Was there an update for the730?

Navy1 03-03-2011 03:36 PM

Re: 730 Software update
 
Yes....the dealer should update the firmware for you for free when you bring it in. The latest version is 2.4 which is designed to fix the iphone 4 dropped call problem.

Technosavant 03-03-2011 03:44 PM

Re: 730 Software update
 
Current version for the RER is 2.402. That is the revision that supposedly fixes issues with the iPhone 4.

Red G8R 03-03-2011 10:30 PM

Re: 730 Software update
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Navy1 (Post 368504)
Yes....the dealer should update the firmware for you for free when you bring it in. The latest version is 2.4 which is designed to fix the iphone 4 dropped call problem.

Even without me asking?

Technosavant 03-03-2011 11:28 PM

Re: 730 Software update
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Red G8R (Post 368787)
Even without me asking?

Probably not.

You can update it yourself by downloading the update.

To download the .iso (CD image file) of 2.402, click here.
Most any disc burning utility (not to mention Windows Vista and 7) can burn that to a disc in a few minutes (in Win Vista/7 right click on the downloaded file, select "burn disc image").

Start your Jeep, stick the disc in your head unit, and follow the prompts. It will take about 10 minutes to complete the process. When finished, you may need to re-pair phones.

Navy1 03-04-2011 06:33 AM

Re: 730 Software update
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Red G8R (Post 368787)
Even without me asking?

I guess that would depend on your dealer. I asked them about it two weeks after the update came out. They didn't have the disc and they ordered one and got it in two days. I had to bring my jeep back for a part install and they updated it then. They looked in their system when I inquired and its in there for updating. My guess is you would have to inquire in most cases to get them to do it. I searched online to do it myself but the only reputable site I could find required you to sign up for a subscription.

wreckdive 03-04-2011 02:21 PM

Re: 730 Software update
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Technosavant (Post 368833)
Probably not.

You can update it yourself by downloading the update.

To download the .iso (CD image file) of 2.402, click here.
Most any disc burning utility (not to mention Windows Vista and 7) can burn that to a disc in a few minutes (in Win Vista/7 right click on the downloaded file, select "burn disc image").

Start your Jeep, stick the disc in your head unit, and follow the prompts. It will take about 10 minutes to complete the process. When finished, you may need to re-pair phones.

Just curious. . . any idea if the disk image can be copied onto a flash drive, then the firmware upgrade driven from the RHR USB port?

dobiegillis 03-04-2011 02:31 PM

Re: 730 Software update
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wk2silverbullet (Post 368460)
I had taken the car to the dealer for a repair, and today while making a call (Iphone 4), I noticed that the screen was different.

It was showing on the left "connecting" and the number, and on the right there was a jeep logo (this was the difference.)

Do they do the updates at the dealer when you bring it in for other reasons.?

Was there an update for the730?

So is the performance different (better)?

wk2silverbullet 03-04-2011 04:45 PM

Re: 730 Software update
 
I was not able to connect the phone to the Uconnect 100% of the times. Maybe it was dropping 20% of calls. ( It woudl go into UConnect and then droppe the call back to the phone, which is very annoying if you have the phone in your pocket.)

I have made about 4 calls since I got it back, and the connection speed and realiability seem to be better, but the sound seems to be not as accurate.

Also the voice recognition is not working as good as before. ( I am not sure if I have to re-train it, or I have hardware issue with mic/speaker.) Where is the mic located?


Also the interface seems to be faster for satellite/nav/radio.

I do not get the the sat aquiring signal message, but the audio drops anyway.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community