Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Want to CRY with me? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/want-to-cry-with-me-19730.html)

TAZ28 03-03-2011 03:17 PM

Want to CRY with me?

A rock or something hit me on Tuesday morning on the way to work. It hit my hood first then busted my windshield.. It ruined the rest of the week for me.:mad:(mite I add it only has 710 Miles on it):madder:
The good news is that I'll be betting it back from the repair shop tomorrow..

TAZ28 03-03-2011 03:22 PM

Re: Want to CRY with me?

3 Attachment(s)
Photos

Navy1 03-03-2011 03:31 PM

That really sucks! That is always my fear is getting hit by flying rocks or debris on the road. Well at least she'll be good as new tomorrow!!

DAVY27 03-03-2011 03:31 PM

ouch! sorry to see :(

AAAA 03-03-2011 03:40 PM

Glad the hood slowed it down.

larrytor 03-03-2011 03:55 PM

hwy count your blessing that it didnt blast thru you winshield and hit you in the face

dubwarren 03-03-2011 04:13 PM

that hurts....

mcomito 03-03-2011 04:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This might make you feel better - just under 1,000 miles on my Overland.....
Young lady was "distracted" and backed into my parked car. So sad...

Actually, would appreciate input on repair. The locate repair shop has a great reputation but can't take my car until mid-April. This is the only place i have any experience with so I am really nervous about using my car insurance recommendations. I live in San Diego so would appreciate any input on good body shops. The jeep dealership in Carlsbad said they can do it right away but not sure what to do.

Love my Overland but very bummed! I also had a cracked windshield the first day! I don't even have the license plates yet!

kwak12r 03-03-2011 04:54 PM

You guys need to talk to your insurance agent and get a claim for what you will now lose because you will have a Carfax on it.
It is called Diminshed Value. You have to ask for it and it usually applies to high end luxury cars.
I have a CLS63 AMG and was hit. This caused the resale to lose an additional $3k. My insurance told me to look into this.
It is a PIA cause you have to prove to them what this accident cost you in terms of resale.
Get a quote from someone of what they would pay prior to the accident and what they will pay for a Carfax. The difference is what you can submit for

Cperez 03-03-2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAZ28 (Post 368495)
A rock or something hit me on Tuesday morning on the way to work. It hit my hood first then busted my windshield.. It ruined the rest of the week for me.:mad:(mite I add it only has 710 Miles on it):madder:

Sorry to see that. When I first glanced at the thumbnails, I thought that the tree reflections were nasty, rusting gouges in your hood. The actual scrapes looked much better by comparison! You'll be good as new soon.

AndyM 03-03-2011 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcomito (Post 368546)
I live in San Diego so would appreciate any input on good body shops. The jeep dealership in Carlsbad said they can do it right away but not sure what to do.

Try Amato's in Sorrento Valley. But you may have a wait there too.

wsu108 03-03-2011 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAZ28 (Post 368495)

Sorry to see that.