Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Tracking your vehicle order (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/tracking-your-vehicle-order-19745.html)

gmtaylor3 03-03-2011 09:18 PM

Tracking your vehicle order

I have just ordered an Overland 4wd and was told by the dealer to expect 8 weeks for delivery. A number of you have indicated that there is a way to track the production status of the vehicle. When will the deliver have a VIN for the Jeep? And once I get the VIN, what can I do to track production?

Frankie 03-03-2011 09:22 PM

Re: Tracking your vehicle order

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmtaylor3 (Post 368733)
I have just ordered an Overland 4wd and was told by the dealer to expect 8 weeks for delivery. A number of you have indicated that there is a way to track the production status of the vehicle. When will the deliver have a VIN for the Jeep? And once I get the VIN, what can I do to track production?

Once you get the VIN...If you select Level III, You will have access to Milous tracking! :cool:

gmtaylor3 03-03-2011 09:23 PM

Yeah, but when can I expect the dealer to have the VIN?

Frankie 03-03-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmtaylor3 (Post 368738)
Yeah, but when can I expect the dealer to have the VIN?

I remember seeing a thread a while back with a couple people getting theirs within a week or so!

gmtaylor3 03-06-2011 01:34 PM

Well, I guess now I can answer my own question. I order the vehicle from the dealer on Monday, February 28, and received a fax yesterday with the VIN number. Less than a week from order to VIN seems pretty quick to me, but I'm not complaining. I may have less time than I thought to be driving my present car (1996 GC with 200,000 miles). I don't buy new cars very often, but, hey, this new GC is really something!

Frankie 03-06-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmtaylor3 (Post 370154)
Well, I guess now I can answer my own question. I order the vehicle from the dealer on Monday, February 28, and received a fax yesterday with the VIN number. Less than a week from order to VIN seems pretty quick to me, but I'm not complaining. I may have less time than I thought to be driving my present car (1996 GC with 200,000 miles). I don't buy new cars very often, but, hey, this new GC is really something!

Nice! Nice!

gmtaylor3 03-06-2011 01:51 PM

Of course, now I can't seem to figure out to get vehicle tracking enabled. I have just made a donation to the site and I have found the VIP forums. Can anyone tell me what do to next?

Dan JGC 03-06-2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

The VIN gets assigned fairly quickly....with a week or two usually depending on dealer allocation and their back of the house processes.

The loooong wait is D until D1. Welcome to the waiting club!!! LOL Hopefully, Jeep is shortening the build dates as things move forward...the people that ordered last fall had a silly long wait depending on what they ordered due to the late availability of many options....

kaflyboy 03-06-2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Let the wait begin.. they can issue a number quickly, but, now you will be in a holding pattern... maybe not for an Overland but the Overland Summit is really slow...