Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Sirius Radio trial? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/sirius-radio-trial-19748.html)

rdalcanto 03-03-2011 10:13 PM

Sirius Radio trial?

My Jeep brochure says we get one year of Sirius free. But, I just got a statement in the mail from Sirius saying my trial ends 4/6/11. I called them and got the same response. Do we only get 3 months?!?

Thanks.

fourwheelin7 03-03-2011 10:17 PM

Re: Sirius Radio trial?

Dealer told me 1 year! I'd double check with your dealer to find out the case, if it's not a year and they told you it was, make them pay or it! :thumbsup:

Slckevin 03-03-2011 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdalcanto (Post 368775)
My Jeep brochure says we get one year of Sirius free. But, I just got a statement in the mail from Sirius saying my trial ends 4/6/11. I called them and got the same response. Do we only get 3 months?!?

Thanks.

I had the same thing... but I called my sales guy and reported the problem. He called Sirius and they corrected it so now my plan that was to expire in April will be extended a year after that date so now it expires April 2012. SO basically just call your dealership and they should correct. (Mine was LHM Bountiful and took 2 days but was all corrected).

GTOGreg 03-03-2011 10:58 PM

Bump that...I'm gettin' a year because that's what the lit says. Period.

Navy1 03-04-2011 06:58 AM

It should be one year. I'm going into my 5th month and haven't received any correspondence from Sirius about subscription. I would contact your dealer.

Cperez 03-04-2011 07:07 AM

FWIW, I have received correspondence confirming 1 yr of Sirius. Even then the account was a bit jacked up (in fact, I had two accounts for the same radio) so I had to call them to sort things out, but Sirius folks were easy to work with.

mjw930 03-04-2011 07:47 AM

The problem arises when the dealership mechanics or sale people activate teh radio when it show up on the lot, they aren't supposed to. On mine it was registered to the dealership which doesn't happen automatically so they had to call the number to activate it. I discovered it when I went to the website and tried to establish an account against the radio, it was already registered. I called, gave them my info and 2 days later the account was created and the radio moved over to it. Since my delivery date and the date it arrived and was prepped are the same I don't know if they would have simply moved the account or updated the start date had it happened that the mechanic enabled it a month before I picked it up. Still no Travel Link but we all know that ;)

Your Subscription

Current Subscription Radio ID (ESN or SID) XXXXXXXXXXX Package SIRIUS Everything + SIRIUS Travel Link (1 Year Plan) Start Date 2/19/2011 End Date 2/19/2012

UNCjeepWK2 03-04-2011 02:11 PM

Bought mine this past September and it's still going... and no bill.

rdalcanto 03-04-2011 04:24 PM

I emailed my dealer. He contacted Sirius. He had to move up to the manager, but got it straightened out for me! Thanks guys!

2011RitterGC 03-04-2011 04:54 PM

The sticker states one year, my dealer told me one year, and Sirius radio told me one year.