Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Looking to buy a used WK... Is this a good deal? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/looking-to-buy-a-used-wk-is-this-a-good-deal-19774.html)

msaenger 03-04-2011 04:35 PM

Looking to buy a used WK... Is this a good deal?

Hi everyone, I saw this WK posted on AutoTrader and wanted to know your opinion on whether or not you think this is a good deal for what it is. I've spoken with the owner and he says no major problems other than routine maintenance.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=291615751

Anything I should check for when I see it in person?

I'm not too crazy about the mileage, but it's not that easy finding a 4x4 GC in central/southern california. What's a fair price to ask for this vehicle given the mileage? I've already ran the carfax and it came back pretty clean.

sean6365 03-04-2011 04:42 PM

Re: Looking to buy a used WK... Is this a good deal?

Why don't you like the miles?? I don't think the miles are to out of line. Has he always taken it to the dealer for any routine service or warranty work? If so, get him to get you the service records or go to the dealer and ask them about the jeep. I'm not sure what JGC's go for in your area but the price seems resonable, it would never hurt to try to get it cheaper though.

msaenger 03-04-2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean6365 (Post 369258)
Why don't you like the miles?? I don't think the miles are to out of line. Has he always taken it to the dealer for any routine service or warranty work? If so, get him to get you the service records or go to the dealer and ask them about the jeep. I'm not sure what JGC's go for in your area but the price seems resonable, it would never hurt to try to get it cheaper though.

Good advice. He did always take it to the dealer as far as I could tell from the CarFax. I'll make sure to get any records from him.

I did find this 2009 WK with much less miles.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...&&aff=national

I was trying to find something simple and without a sunroof after reading so many problems associated with it. Did they work out most of the kinks by 2009? The original car I posted doesn't have a sunroof whereas the one posted above does. However, it's a little more than I want to pay and a decent drive to get to it.

08Hemi 03-04-2011 05:57 PM

welcome to JG from Santa Barbara! Are you near SLO? It really all depends on what you want out of the Jeep...your first post for a laredo with high mileage, $15k seems a tad high to me, especially for an 06. You should get an 09+ IMO as they made a couple nice interior changes and the hemi has more hp...plus you would get some warranty left. I have an 08 ltd with the hemi and 21k miles...idk what it is worth, but would not sell it for less than $20k, and could prolly get $22-24 if I found the right buyer (again, these numbers are all guesstimates). So you can prolly find an 09 hemi with 20-30k miles in the 18-22k range (maybe :))

I am in SB if you want to check my Jeep out, and I am willing to take a look at any jeeps in SB that you find

msaenger 03-04-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08Hemi (Post 369298)
welcome to JG from Santa Barbara! Are you near SLO? It really all depends on what you want out of the Jeep...your first post for a laredo with high mileage, $15k seems a tad high to me, especially for an 06. You should get an 09+ IMO as they made a couple nice interior changes and the hemi has more hp...plus you would get some warranty left. I have an 08 ltd with the hemi and 21k miles...idk what it is worth, but would not sell it for less than $20k, and could prolly get $22-24 if I found the right buyer (again, these numbers are all guesstimates). So you can prolly find an 09 hemi with 20-30k miles in the 18-22k range (maybe :))

I'm actually in Santa Barbara too! I've been looking everywhere and the '06 I posted from Arroyo Grande is the nearest one I've found. Everything else is LA so it's kind of a pain to get to. If you happen to see any for sale in SB, let me know.

I'm trying to spend as little as possible but also get a really good truck. I kind of wanted to stay away from the sunroofs since I read so many bad things about them regarding leaks. Maybe that was mostly the '05s. Plus, I like the silver bezels in the laredos vs the fake wood grain. But, I also love gadgets which makes me like the limited trim better. So many decisions! I could definitely get a laredo and add most of the options I want, but I wonder if it would be cheaper in the long run to just spring for a limited.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08Hemi (Post 369298)
I am in SB if you want to check my Jeep out, and I am willing to take a look at any jeeps in SB that you find

I just might have to take you up on that offer. Thanks!

08Hemi 03-04-2011 07:22 PM

well I am a car NUT so would have no problem helping you out...I would actually enjoy it! I will keep my look-out for a wk

SvenskaJeepGuy 03-04-2011 07:58 PM

i have an 06 and never had a single problem with my moonroof

macmac 03-04-2011 08:41 PM

Central Coast THREAD!!!

Wow, thought this day would never come.....

macmac 03-04-2011 08:47 PM

I had looked for my Jeep for a full year here on the central coast. Ebay, craigslist, autotrader, penny saver, etc.

I ended up finding it on Craigslist in the San Diego section. Flew down there, and drove it back. Best decision ever...