Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   New Overland Owner - Simple question (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/new-overland-owner-simple-question-19776.html)

mofeen 03-04-2011 04:44 PM

New Overland Owner - Simple question

Hey everyone. This is my first post here, but I have been lurking here for a bit now. I am the new proud owner of 2011 Overland. I ended up going to the dealer thinking I was going to trade in my 2004 Overland for a new one with Blackberry exterior and Bback interior. Instead I fell in love with the Brilliant Black/Saddle combo, and ended up picking it up. Just 3 miles on the odometer!!!! I have only had it for three days now and haven't had much time to play with it. I was wondering if there is supposed to be an owners manual of any sort? I opened the glove compartment and the only thing in there are the wheel lock keys and a brake cable.

Anyhow, just wanted to say hi. I will be here quite often in the near future learning about my new vehicle and hopefully will also be able to contribute a bit of information back too. Take care.

2011RitterGC 03-04-2011 04:50 PM

Re: New Overland Owner - Simple question

There should be a "Users Guide" in the glove box along with a DVD with more info on it. The complete manual is on-line at Jeepowerns .com. I have no idea why they have 3 different manuals but they do. Some info is in all of them and some just in one or the other.

plynn7 03-04-2011 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2011RitterGC (Post 369265)
There should be a "Users Guide" in the glove box along with a DVD with more info on it. The complete manual is on-line at Jeepowerns .com. I have no idea why they have 3 different manuals but they do. Some info is in all of them and some just in one or the other.

When you open the glove compartment, there is a slot above the main compartment that holds the DVD and users guide manual.

BadLuck 03-04-2011 06:09 PM

You can also order an owners manual book from jeep for free. I did, and I prefer it over the DVD. I don't have the phone number near me, but it's on the front page of one of the booklets inside the car

RageOfFury 03-04-2011 06:13 PM

Welcome!:wavey:

It should come with a kit that has a user's guide, DVD, Sirius sat documentation, nav radio guide, tire warranty, etc. Mine was in the glove box. Perhaps yours is in the center console?

WK2OverlandII 03-04-2011 07:14 PM

When I ordered the hard copy owners manual I was hoping to get the 4th edition and I ended up with the 2nd edition....I guess they have to get rid of them some where.

HemiPowerV8 03-04-2011 07:17 PM

I wasn't impressed with the DVD but I do like the User Guide. Full color and lots of useful info.

mofeen 03-04-2011 07:44 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. Just thought I would ask before I called the salesman over a small issue. I checked out all the possible hiding places. Not in the glove compartment, center console, behind front seats, etc.

I noticed my Sirius is already activated. Do I still need that packet that it is supposed to come with then?

I guess i will just see if my salesman can mail it to me since the dealer is 40 miles away.

pattyboy 03-04-2011 07:49 PM

Welcome, check to see if u were given the pigtail harness for ur trailer brake control it helps if u will be installing a trailer brake controller....pat

mofeen 03-04-2011 07:57 PM

Yeah, in the glove compartment I received the wheel lock keys and the brake cable.

dubwarren 03-04-2011 08:42 PM

My stuff was all in the rear of the vehicle, under the rear floor with the spare tire. remote for the TV, user guide, headphones, all kinds of goodies. Check there before you drive to see or call to bug your salesperson.

mjw930 03-04-2011 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mofeen (Post 369367)
Yeah, in the glove compartment I received the wheel lock keys and the brake cable.

Wheel lock keys? I'm guessing you added that as an accessory.