Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   5.7 Magnaflow Reso delete question... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/5-7-magnaflow-reso-delete-question-19841.html)

trebliw 03-06-2011 02:15 PM

5.7 Magnaflow Reso delete question...

Just had a question about chopping off my reso for future exterior mods. Has anyone ever chopped off the reso on their Magnaflow cat-back system or any reso for that matter? If so, was the drone insurmountably annoying and did it have any ill-affects to the performance your vehicle? Thank you in advance for your time. Sorry if this is a dumb question... genuinely curious as to what would happen.

boss_hemi 03-06-2011 05:09 PM

Re: 5.7 Magnaflow Reso delete question...

i took my stock reso off and it sounded better IMO. but i had the exhaust re-done to route it out of the middle like the srt-8 because i got the rear bumper. i had a gibson reso with 4" tips installed and they just routed the exhaust from the rear axle and made a y-pipe to the reso.. sounds incredible. i'll post a pic in a sec

trebliw 03-06-2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boss_hemi (Post 370280)
i took my stock reso off and it sounded better IMO. but i had the exhaust re-done to route it out of the middle like the srt-8 because i got the rear bumper. i had a gibson reso with 4" tips installed and they just routed the exhaust from the rear axle and made a y-pipe to the reso.. sounds incredible. i'll post a pic in a sec

Hey Boss_Hemi,

Thanks for the info. That picture would help. Did you have to get rid of your spare? Yeah, I'm thinking I'm going to pull the trigger on the rear bumper. I am just on the fence about losing my hitch but i'm sure a your picture and scottina's pic will help me on my final decision

boss_hemi 03-06-2011 09:01 PM

and yes i removed my spare because i needed new hangers welded right where it was... but who needs a spare right lol? i never tow anything so i have no need for the hitch, but thats up to u. once u get the rear bumper u won't want the evhaust any other way

trebliw 03-06-2011 10:08 PM

nice! i like it! thanks again for your time and for helping me! are you still selling your rig? you've got a nice set-up! love the white color, very clean and classy!

boss_hemi 03-07-2011 07:10 AM

thanks alot bro! i love your headlight tints. im debating whether or not to sell it, nobody wants to offer what im asking because of how many miles it has so i might just keep it cuz i have no problems with it and i've put too much into it to give it up lol.

emazingli 03-10-2011 05:47 AM

Hey boss_hemi, about how many miles does the magnaflow has? I am interested with it. Pretty much interested if you have the photos of your rig.

boss_hemi 03-10-2011 07:04 AM

i posted some photos in the for sale forum if it hasn't expired yet. has 141,000 miles mostly highway. i reduced my price to $13,000 with both sets of rims