Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems Discussion (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/)
-   -   Check engine light...pulled codes (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/check-engine-light-pulled-codes-19873.html)

Bigdiesel74 03-07-2011 10:52 AM

Check engine light...pulled codes

my check engine light was on so i used the key sequence to pull the codes and i got U0114, U110A, U1403, U1411.

Now i was wondering if i should take it in to the dealer since i am still under warrenty or should i just let it go. Any help would be great

06RC22 03-07-2011 12:20 PM

Re: Check engine light...pulled codes

I would say if you are still under warranty you should take it to the dealer. I didnt look up the codes but I would take advantage of your warranty. That is what you bought it for right!?

Bigdiesel74 03-07-2011 12:22 PM

exactly but i wont have time until next week to take it...i wonder if it will be ok

06RC22 03-07-2011 12:25 PM

I would look up what the codes are indicating. Is your CEL blinking or is it just solid??? I would call the dealer, let them know which codes you were able to pull and explain to them that you arent able to bring it in until next week. Of course they are gonna want you to bring it in ASAP cause they want the work but ask if it is something that can go until next week.

Bigdiesel74 03-07-2011 12:28 PM

its on solid. i drove it today and everything seems fine. maybe i will call them and i might be able to get it in this week

robpp 03-07-2011 12:50 PM

its a communication thing so it could have been a one timer. but the codes are stored so bring it in.....

Bigdiesel74 03-07-2011 01:02 PM

so i will be fine driving it?

robpp 03-07-2011 01:22 PM

you will be OK.

nothing looks like it would hurt anything, do a search on thr 114 on this site any mnay have the exact codes, no solutions were clear???

TJXJWJ 03-07-2011 01:50 PM

I think anything that starts with a "U" is dealer specific, and like rob said...a comm error. My wife's WK threw a "U" code, but I forget what number. Turned out I needed to re-program the remote start module and replace the fob batteries. Went away after that.

Bigdiesel74 03-07-2011 01:54 PM

Would any of those cause the check engine light?

TJXJWJ 03-07-2011 02:07 PM

It did for us...I think it was the 1411 code. I'm almost 100% sure. The only way I would have known there was even an issue was because of the MIL being on. The Jeep ran perfectly other than that light being on.

2005JGC 03-07-2011 02:47 PM

U stand for unidentified (communication codes)
P stands for powertrain
C stands for chassis
B stands for body

the second digit (first number) deturmines if its manufacturer specific...

0 - generic
1 - manufacturer specific
2 - generic
3 - manufacturer specific

Beyond that, I am not really sure what the question is here... if you have a warranty get it to the dealer ASAP, some of these communication errors can be hard to track down so start the ball rolling NOW before you get out of your warranty period like others on here and get kicked to the curb because the dealer claims "previous repairs fixed those complaints and these are new".