Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/)
-   -   Who needs a Prius... I'm getting 40+ mpg (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/who-needs-a-prius-im-getting-40-mpg-19891.html)

SixZeroFour 03-07-2011 03:03 PM

Who needs a Prius... I'm getting 40+ mpg

It's amazing what they've done in regards to fuel economy these days...

http://members.shaw.ca/mattob/sweetmpg.jpg

... if only it were reality :D

Snapped this while having a little fun coasting down a long steep hill. Anyone else think they can top it? (With a passenger taking the photo of course!)

[/Monday Foolishness]

xKILLROYx 03-07-2011 03:05 PM

Re: Who needs a Prius... I'm getting 40+ mpg

:D

Cperez 03-07-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SixZeroFour (Post 370868)
It's amazing what they've done in regards to fuel economy these days...

... if only it were reality :D

I'm getting brutal around-town readings of 13.3 on mid-grade sauce. :nutkick:

The real kicker is that I have been doing my best to bump that number higher with no appreciable effect. I'm hoping it has something to do with the colder season and current gas blends. Maybe it's just telling me it's time for a golf trip to a warmer area!

JTS97Z28 03-07-2011 03:54 PM

nice! :-)

I just filled up my little V6 Lexus that burns regular gas, cost me $61 bucks :-O
I can see filling up a WK2 would pretty pricey. Even though it would be awesome to be driving a new Overland right now, I guess with the gas prices jumping up 30 cents a week im fine with it for now since I cancelled my order. Oh well what can ya do.

James

the1jake 03-07-2011 04:09 PM

Yes. I'll be posting 99.9 soon! (gas station is at the top of a hill)

OR... maybe not. You took a picture of your instrument panel while going 60mph?

/wait until the nanny state crowd shows up to chastise you for such behavior

SixZeroFour 03-07-2011 04:12 PM

I'm shocked at how much a lead foot changes mileage - at least according to the EVIC. If you reset the fuel economy screen and drive like a granny for 5 min the mpg's slowly increase over the corse of the trip, but if you mash the accellerator you can watch the average drop off like there is a hole in the tank.

And yea, gone are the days of $60 fill ups! From empty I am usually over $100 every fill. Granted you can go pretty far on a tank if you really stretch it out.

SixZeroFour 03-07-2011 04:16 PM

Good luck on the 99.9 as it starts at zero and very slowly climbs.... hope you have a big hill :)

I did not take the picture myself, my co-pilot wife was in charge of the blackberry-cam. That's a very good point though, please dont go driving around trying to do this yourself! We were in the middle of nowhere with not a single other car in sight. Orig post has been edited.... this was also at 60km/h not mph. Be Safe people.

blackpepper 03-07-2011 04:23 PM

Don't take pictures of the speedo while driving??? :worried:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...meter_View.jpg

the1jake 03-07-2011 04:26 PM

[QUOTE=SixZeroFour;370917]Good luck on the 99.9 as it starts at zero and very slowly climbs.... hope you have a big hill :)

I did not take the picture myself, my co-pilot wife was in charge of the blackberry-cam. That's a very good point though, please dont go driving around trying to do this yourself! We were in the middle of nowhere with not a single other car in sight. Orig post has been edited.... this was also at 60km/h not mph. Be Safe people.[/QUOTE

That's it! The gauntlet has been thrown down. :slapfight:

/I'm leaving the house with the missus to get a picture right now darnit!

White Chocolate 03-07-2011 04:34 PM

Now try taking that up the hill haha

SixZeroFour 03-07-2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the1jake (Post 370924)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SixZeroFour (Post 370917)
Good luck on the 99.9 as it starts at zero and very slowly climbs.... hope you have a big hill :)

I did not take the picture myself, my co-pilot wife was in charge of the blackberry-cam. That's a very good point though, please dont go driving around trying to do this yourself! We were in the middle of nowhere with not a single other car in sight. Orig post has been edited.... this was also at 60km/h not mph. Be Safe people.

That's it! The gauntlet has been thrown down. :slapfight:

I'm leaving the house with the missus to get a picture right now darnit!

Haha, gotta love dragging the wife out for meaningless shenanigans. Can't wait to see what you came up with!

SixZeroFour 03-07-2011 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Chocolate (Post 370930)
Now try taking that up the hill haha

It's depressing enough seeing the cost of fuel, don't know if I could handle seeing an average of 1.3mpg in the EVIC :thumbsup: