Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Thinking of just selling the Jeep and being done with the shudder problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/thinking-of-just-selling-the-jeep-and-being-done-with-the-shudder-problems-19911.html)

mrpositraction 03-07-2011 08:51 PM

Thinking of just selling the Jeep and being done with the shudder problems

I was thinking today about just selling the Jeep and let it be someone elses problems (trading it in, not a private party sale). I stopped by my local dealer and they offered me a deal on a new 2011 F150 Ecoboost SCrew FX4 that I am having a hard time passing up. My payments would actually go done slightly with the incentives available.

So in this thought process I thought of all the stuff I have for the WKII and that some on here may like to have a shot at it. Here is the list of things, I am not sure what I paid for most of them but I will accept reasonable offers (I got most everything for cost when I bought it):

Roof cross bars (SOLD)
Rear cargo all weather floor mat
Roof canvas bag
Rear dog pillow
(Paid $430 for all the above accessories)

Mopar all weather floor mats (paid $71)
BWoody Intake (Painted black with silver vein, a good match to the Dark Charcoal Pearl) (paid $280)
Chrome fog light bazel (paid $80)
Shark fin antenna (installed but would remove, new owner would have to install new tape to stick to new roof) (paid $67.20)
I have a 5.7L Hemi Badge (paid $10)
NAV-TV with A/V Harness (paid $290)

Let me know, probably going to trade it in within a few days.

Email is mrpositraction@gmail.com

JTS97Z28 03-07-2011 09:42 PM

Re: Thinking of just selling the Jeep and being done with the tranmission problems

Man today is a bad day on the forums. Cancelled orders, interior fires, trades because of problems..... Sorry to see your frustrated with the Jeep. When you say transmission problems is it the shudder issue that your referring to?

mrpositraction 03-07-2011 09:44 PM

Re: Thinking of just selling the Jeep and being done with the tranmission problems

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 (Post 371189)
Man today is a bad day on the forums. Cancelled orders, interior fires, trades because of problems..... Sorry to see your frustrated with the Jeep. When you say transmission problems is it the shudder issue that your referring to?

Yes, I guess I am being presumptiuous in saying it is the transmission,but I mean the shudder.

Scottina06 03-07-2011 09:49 PM

I wouldnt trade your ride for 10 F150's...JMO.

LiquidOxygen 03-07-2011 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 371197)

^^ This

Marlin 03-07-2011 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 371197)

Ha, ditto that!

Rosewood 03-07-2011 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrpositraction (Post 371135)

Let me know, probably going to trade it in within a few days.

Email is mprositraction@gmail.com

man i would not do it. i a a couple of friends that have problem with the electrical system and drive software system. you would be trading one problem for another. i owned 3 F-250 diesels one was bought back, one blew a head, and the last one was traded with a blown head. all under warranty, no mods, and Ford would not do a thing for me. i know you are looking at the F-150 but still. i would not do it. they are horrible in the snow, and the 4x4 system has electrical issue when it gets wet. just my .02 though

mrpositraction 03-08-2011 08:42 AM

I have owned 3 F150's before this Jeep (07 FX4, 10 FX4, 10 SVT Raptor) all 3 of which I enjoyed. The 10 FX4 had some sun roof problems but my dealer was taking care of me.

Not going to sway me away from F150's, this Jeep has caused me more problems than all 3 F150's combined and two of them were heavily modded.

07 F150 FX4
6" Skyjacker suspension lift
Roush Intercooled supercharger running 10psi
Custom dual exhaust
Tons of visual mods

10 SVT Raptor
Long tube headers with complete aftermarket/custom exhaust
Hot Rod Cams
(Supporting mods)
Traction bars

Neither of these came me any headaches.

I love my F150's and Jeep lured me over with the great looking and wonderful riding Cherokee, I just got a bad one :(

jeep2011 03-08-2011 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrpositraction (Post 371367)
I love my F150's and Jeep lured me over with the great looking and wonderful riding Cherokee, I just got a bad one :(

It really sucks this had to happen to someone that came over from another brand. At least you realize you just got a bad egg and don't condemn Jeep.

Hopefully one day they will have found what the problem is so we can all rest at night.

lweisenb 03-08-2011 08:51 AM

Tried to email and got bounced back.

mrpositraction 03-08-2011 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lweisenb (Post 371370)
Tried to email and got bounced back.

Fixed, I had my email spelled wrong.

HEAP4JEEPWJ 03-08-2011 10:34 AM

Just picked my 2011 F-150 xlt supercrew on Saturday i went with the 5.0 though, i was kinda leary of the new twin turbo v6. Go drive one, ford made one heck of a truck for 2011.